Chapter 20

John woke up to someone crying. He had had a terrible dream, everything seemed jumbled up. Cynthia wasn't sleeping next to him either. Where was she?

'I must be in Julian's room." He thought to himself and walked over to the crib. 

Then it all came back to him. His best friend was inside that little child's body. And they were trapped in the 1940s, well now he wasn't sure what year. 

He picked up Paul who adventually stopped crying.

"Paul, if you understand me, raise your hand." John asked the little boy.

Paul raised his hand and placed it on John's face.

"Yeah, okay. Now don't panic alright? Right." John nodded and looked around. He really didn't know what to do. He was lost. Cynthia usually took care of Julian in the mornings. 

"Maybe take him down to get breakfast. Oh!" John looked at Paul, who looked back at him sleepily.

"How old are you exactly?"

Paul looked around and smiled. John didn't understand what he was doing. Paul pointed to something and began to squirm.

"Alright, alright. Wait. Gosh." John placed Paul on the floor. He crawled to some toys and began to play.

"Im so confused. I know how to play with you though. Lets get you something to eat first." John picked him up. 

Paul whined and began to cry.

"Oh please! Aren't you hungry?"

Paul stopped and stared as John opened his bedroom door. He made his way downstairs and into the kitchen. At least maybe Paul could eat something. It couldn't harm him.

"Lets see, what do you eat...Julian usually eats something...now what does he eat?" John scratched his head.

He found some milk and poured it for Paul then got some cereal for himself. He watched Paul drink the white liquid down quickly.

"You were thirsty huh?" He asked when Paul sat it down.

The phone began to ring and John jumped up to answer it.

"Hello?...Oh hey, Johnny!...yeah i can see you...when do you want me to come over?...to your mum's?...okay, well, ill see ya." John put the phone down and hurried into the kitchen. 

Paul held out his bottle and pointed to the fridge. 

"More? Fine." John poured him some more then grabbed the bottle. "Drink this slowly."

Paul took it cautiously and nodded. 

Ringo came down, he looked half asleep as usual.

"I keep waking up and hoping this would be a dream. Then i find out its not. When will Pete stop playing with us?"

"I don't know." John sighed and put his head in his hands.

Paul began to cry, John glanced at him quickly. "Now what?"

Paul pointed upstairs with a little shy smile.

"Ill take him. Has he eaten anything?" Ringo asked.

"Hes had milk."

"Just milk? You need more then that. What do you feed Julian?"

"Thats just it...im usually gone before he gets up."

"Oh. Well, what does he eat at night?"

"I cant remember, i hardly ever see him, or Cyn." John looked at his hands. "Will i ever get to see them again?"