Chapter 2

(Drew Seeley as Micah Evans)

Micah's P.O.V.

It seemed like Dan didn't know what the term 'break' meant. Dan's my producer in music as well as dance and also modeling, he basically managed everything I did. I told him I was going to take a break for a while so I could focus solely on my company and see how well it was thriving. He seemed to have gotten the point and nodded understandable but he clearly didn't because while on my private jet he called and told me that Ren Ellis, the number one person when it came to contests, concerts and competitions in the world of the Performing Arts (which mainly includes singing and dancing), so basically he was all about the celebration and he was also one of Dan's and I closest friends was hosting a major contest. First he had an open voting done online
to find the most preferable artist, that person would be the host for the night. After that was done he contacted their producers to find out if the person would be able to make it, if not be used the second and if that person wasn't available either they used the next inline and the cycle continues. The competition included singing as well as dancing but persons could do only one if they to. Anyone could enter but they would need a producer and their pieces or piece had to be original. After everyone was finished the chosen artist would sing a song and/ dance. There will be six judges including Ren and Dan; the winner would get 2.5 million and they would also get to be with that artist in his or her next music and /dance video. I thought that was a fantastic idea and that Ren was a genius for coming up with it but my one tinsy tiny problem was that I was the most preferred artist and that Dan didn't even bother to tell Ren that I had taken a break from all that stuff, instead he agreed to keep it two months from that day. When he told me everything I was upset and wanted to pull out of the contest but then he told me it could benefit me positivity and plus I couldn't find it in me to tell Ren that I was pulling out, he was too good of a friend to disappoint. I told Dan I would be there and hung up.

********
I knocked on the door in front of me that led into a mansion. A second hardly passed before the door flew open and I was engulfed in someone's arms or more like someone was trying to strangle me.

"Oh Mickey."

"M-o-m c-a-n-'-t b-r-e-a-t-h-e," I wheezed.

"Jay can't you see you're strangling the poor boy," my dad stated with a small smile as he joined us at the door. Mom's grip loosened and she eventually released me.

"You got home quicker than I thought,"mom spoke as we made our way to the living room.

"I took my fastest jet so I could have adequate time to reach home, shower, get dress and get my ass over here," I shrugged.

"Language young man," mom slapped my arm. I sat on one of the couches and mom and dad sat in another opposite mine. Suddenly mom moved beside me, she smiled up at me and began to ruffle my hair.

"Mickeyboo," she whispered as she played with my cheeks. This was something I was all too familiar with.

"Mom what exactly do you want?" I got to the point.

"Weeell, I was wondering if by any chance, even by a small, small chance you might be able to make an appearance at a ball in your honor."

"Mom please don't tell me you organized a ball on my behalf," I stated not the least bit surprised, I was used to it.

"OK I won't,"she looked at dad "you tell him Mich."

"Mom you know I love you rig-."

"No I don't know, your decision about the ball will help me to know," she declared cutting my sentence.

"But mom I went to all the stupid balls you kept for me in the past, I'm just tired of them now and most of all I'm tired of all the girls you invite throwing themselves at me," I whined. I heard dad chuckled lowly. Then a memory flashed through my head from the last ball my mom organized for me and I cringed.

"Are the Devlins invited?" I inquired.

"Yes they are and you don't need to worry about girls throwing themselves at you because this ball will be your very first mask ball," she squealed excitedly.

"The Devlins being invited was just another reason for you not to go," my mind told my body.

"Mom I can't I'll be busy with work."

Suddenly her eyes began to get watery and her lips began quivering. You know when your girlfriend wants something or wants to do something but you don't so you tell them no and then they give you the pouty face that you can't resist, that was similar to my situation. Whenever my mom cried it broke my heart it was my weakness.

"Mom please don't cry," I stretched my hand towards her.

"Why not?"she asked pulling away.

"B-because I'll be going to the ball," I answered defeated. Her sad expression vanished in the blink of an eye and she jumped into the same arms she was just moving away from. I looked at dad who was sporting a small smile and shaking his head, he mouthed to me 'You got played again.' I bet he sat there and watched us arguing using us as his personal entertainers. I looked down at my now smiling mother and nodded to my dad. I couldn't escape her, she always found a way to get what she want and she always won but to me it was worth it even if I lost because at least she would be happy. Sorry mind but it seemed like you were out ruled this time.

"When is this ball anyway?" I inquired.

Mom smiled sheepishly, "Sunday."

My eyes were saucers."You mean Sunday as in the day after tomorrow?" I asked feeling a little surprised.

"No, Sunday as in the last day of the week,"she said sarcastically then added "which other Sunday could I be taking about."

"Next week and it's not too late to back out is the ball."

"Yes it's I told your dad to record us, so he has your voice recorded when you agreed," she smiled an award winning smile. I turned and glared at dad whom just shrugged and said it was mom's idea.

"If it was next week I would have obviously told you 'Next Week Sunday," she stated matter-of-factly"and you don't need to worry about anything I have already bought you a suit and mask that will make you look absolutely handsome."

"Oh so I don't already look handsome," I started pretending to be hurt.

"Yes dear you already do. You got it from your father."

********

After visiting my parents mansion I went home. Dorothy, my housekeeper was in the kitchen making dinner so I made my way upstairs into my room, everything I had carried back with me was unpacked and packed neatly where they belong. I smiled, it felt great to be back.