Chapter 3

Ester's P.O.V.

I swore some sort of bad luck charm was cast on me when it came on to finding a job. I was so desperate I would do any job at all that I got enthusiastically, no matter what. I made my way home as the sun began to set and as I approached the door I felt like turning around and walking away. I didn't want to bring them bad news again it brought me pain each time to see their disappointed eyes that they hid behind an encouraging face and I couldn't bear it. I had been out all day looking for a job but to no avail as usual and my feet were killing me from the excess walking (Thank God I wasn't a fan of heels) but I endured the pain and continued searching and you can guess the rest. I cautiously turned the key in the door to avoid it from making much noise, I slowly opened the door and gently closed it back, but mom was already in the living room waiting for my arrival. As soon as I came through the door her eyes flew to mine. Just great...no not great just excellent. I went and sat opposite her. My lips seemed to have been glued to each other since I couldn't speak; I didn't know how to tell her, how to let her down again. She must have looked at my expression and figured out the problem because she told me that I shouldn't worry and that she's proud of me no matter what but I knew that deep down she was disappointed. After that the place became silent and it kinda felt awkward so I decided to break the silence "I'll be sleeping over at Lia's tonight and I'll also be there tomorrow for the whole day. She's got something planned and as usual she wanted me to be involved so she manipulated me, and you know how convincing she can be. So I'll see you on Monday. OK,"I tried to lightened the mood for mom's sake.

"OK, darling," she smiled and my heart felt lighter. I loved to see her smile it encouraged me.

"I'll be leaving now, so tell Derio night for me."

"OK."

With that said I exited the house, walked to the nearest bus stop and spend the last change I had and got on the first bus that was heading in the direction of Lia's home or should I say mansion. The bus was practically empty except for about six persons other than myself. There was an elderly lady sitting beside an elderly gentleman, another elderly woman, a middle aged man, a middle aged woman and a young man all sitting by themselves. I took a set away from everyone like most of the passengers did and focused on my own business. After thirty minutes I came to a conclusion that I'm sure every other passenger on this bus came to and that is even bicycles were moving faster than the bus. In fact sometimes I thought it wasn't moving; if it wasn't for the change of scenery when I looked through the window my point could've been proven and I'm sure everyone on the bus would agree with me probably not the middle aged man because he was looking at me awkwardly and it was kinda creeping me out. It felt like ages before the bus stopped at my destination and I made my way off. I walked the rest of the distance which was pretty short and in less than five minutes I was standing before a humongous mansion. The first time I came here I thought it was a palace for the King and Queen and almost fainted but then Lia told me it was her home and that was when I did faint but she called her parents and they brought me inside and they managed to revived me and I somehow got over the shock. I visited some other times after, so I gradually got used to it. I knocked on the door and Maria, one of the maids opened it. She was about Lia's and I age and was one of my good friends but not as close to me as Lia was, I loved everything about her from her midnight black locks to her brown round bubbly eyes but the one thing that she refused to do was call me Ester she always called me Ms. Jacobs and on top of that she suggested I called her Maria. She said it was a habit but she would try to make an exception.

"Good night Maria. I'm here to see Lia she's expecting me."

"No problem Miss. Jacobs."

"Maria how many times do I have to tell you this it's unfair that you insist I call you by your first name and then you call me Miss and my last name making me seem like I'm fifty or more."

"Sorry Ester," she giggled and gestured for me to come inside and I happily obliged.

"No need to apologize just please
try a little harder."

I told her bye and made me way up to Lia's room, which was on the second floor. I didn't even get to knock properly before the door was opened and I was dragged roughly inside, before it closed again.

"Geez I'm not some animal you can carelessly drag about I'm a living, breathing person," I stated while rearranging myself. Lia rolled her eyes and smiled widely, before stating that she was just super, duper excited.

"It's not like you have never been to a ball hosted by the Evans before."

"Yes, but back then my parents wouldn't let me leave their sides for even a second and they refused to let me meet him, so I've never actually met him personally. But this time is going to be different because they promised that they would be invisible and let me enjoy my night. And plus this would be my first year with you, so that means it will be double the fun," she squealed rather loudly.

"You know for a twenty three year old you sure can squeal and loudly too," I stated with my hands over my ears.

"And you know for a twenty three year old you sure can whine and a lot too," she mocked and mimicked me with her hands over her ears.

"Yeah, whatever. So are you going to show me the dresses or are we going to squeal and whine all night."

"You're not seeing the dresses until tomorrow night and no we are not going to whine and squeal all night we are going to look up Micah Evans on the internet," she stated with a smug smile plastered on her face. She didn't even give me time to disagree before I was brutally dragged on her bed and was in front of the computer, with her beside me looking up Micah Evans, his majesty himself.

"Here we go again," I mumbled lowly.

******************************
I hope this wasn't a crappy chapter but I would like your honest views. So how was it?????