Chapter 5

Ester's POV

Lia stayed up all night looking up Micah Evans after reading for hours she went to images. The first image was of two guys dressed in suits, by just looking at them you could tell they were important business men. She clicked on the photo to read the heading and then squealed.

"Omg Micah Evans and Jessie Morgan. I hope Jessie comes to the ball, what am I saying he's Micah's best friend of course he'll be there."

"What are you squealing and rambling on about?" I inquired not really caring but had nothing better to do. She shoved the computer in my face and I saw the image more clearly it was Jessie Morgan and Micah Evans.

"You know they are the hottest best friends ever," she squealed.

"No I didn't," I mumbled

She went on like this the whole night reading and searching on Micah and Jessie. I would have been fine with this as long as I had my beauty sleep, but the problem was I didn't. Every time I dosed off Lia would wake me because according to her she needed company. She didn't finish till until about after six and by then I resembled the waking dead, with my sleepy eyes, sleepy body and my sleepy voice. I was very grumpy, throughout the late night and the early morning. I asked her why she needed company and her reply was "who will I share my excitements and discoveries with." I rolled my eyes and told her I didn't want to know about her excitements or discoveries. To my great disappointment she just brushed me off, continued what she was sound and continued waking my up when I dosed off. As soon as she was finished I welcomed sleep almost immediately and drifted off into unconsciousness.

********
The burning sun kissed my cheeks and my eyes fluttered open. I yawned and raised my body off the bed tiredly but had to lay back down because it felt like my head was being repeatedly hit by a hammer. I groaned and held my head. I guessed I didn't get enough sleep. I looked at the clock on the wall to see that the time was 7:13. I groaned louder I didn't even get an hour sleep. Lia wasn't in the room and the water in the shower wasn't running so she wasn't in there either. I got out of the bed and made my way to the kitchen all the time my hands never leaving my aching head. Lia was in the kitchen with Maria, it looked like her parents were still asleep.

"Good morning E," Lia said cheerfully.

"How can you be cheerful after less than an hour's sleep," I raised my voice a little and my head pounded some more, so I tightened my grip on it.

"Do you want something for your head?"Maria asked worriedly.

"Yes, please," I smiled at her to eased her worry. After Maria gave me something for my head the three of us had breakfast, it was going perfectly until someone brought up Micah and something about a competition. Anyone can guess who that person was? I think everyone got that answer correct. I didn't have a problem with the guy, he was good at his jobs, but it was just that I didn't worship him like everyone else, come on people he wasn't God.

"You should enter E." I had zoned out on their conversation, so I didn't have any idea what they were talking about.

"Enter what?" I asked curiously.

"The contest hosted by Ren Ellis," Lia answered.

"Ms. Summers told me about your passion for singing and dancing and you have the body of a modeler it looks like you and Mr. Evans might have a lot more in common than you think."

Yeah, except the fact that I'm not worshipped by almost everyone on the face of the planet and I don't want to be.

"Can I hear a part of one of your songs Ester," Maria asked causing me to grin.