Chapter 6

Third Person POV

The cold wind bit her skin as she exited the car with her best friend and her best friend parents. She trembled slightly at the impact, but regained her composure almost immediately. They walked up to the huge doors of the mansion that the event was held at. Two very buff guards with their faces void of emotion were stationed there.

“Names?” one of them asked.

“Mr. and Mrs. Summers and this is our daughter and the person she brought.” They took out a list that none of the four guest had realized was there before and searched through before ticking off something.

“Yes, you may enter,” one of the guards stated and moved to the side to let the party of four pass.

Lia was so excited it looked like she would burst from excitement any moment soon.

“Mom and dad you go first,” she stated wanting complete freedom from her parents. Her dad was about to argue, but her mom forced a smile and pulled him away. She waited until they had already blended in with the crowd before she dragged Ester down the stairs and into the large mass of people.

“So what do you want to do now?” Ester asked her overexcited friend.

“Well. I want to meet Micah and Jessie,” Lia jumped up and down in excitement while Ester chuckled lightly. Since Ester was in front she turned around so she was now facing Lia “Apart from that. What else do you want to do?

“Meet Jessie and Micah aga-.” Lia was cut off by a ‘oomph’ sound. She looked at Ester to see her on the ground and a guy on top of her.

Micah was joking around with Jessie when he crashed into something soft. He felt himself fall on that something and when he looked he realized it was rather a someone. He was about to apologize when the person's eye caught his attention. They were somewhere between pale green and gray or maybe they were a mixture of both, he didn't know, but he knew they were the most mesmerizing and gorgeous eyes he ever laid his eyes on. His eyes then traveled from the persons eyes to their body.

“It's not only her eyes, but her whole body is beautiful,” he thought to himself. He knew he hadn't seen her at a ball before, because he would have definitely remembered her eyes. That meant there was a possibility she wasn't a money craving woman and he was going to find out. Micah got up off her and extended his hand out to her.

“I'm sorry Ms. Are you alright ?” Ester took his outstretched hand and pulled herself up. “I'm fine thank you.”

While Micah was admiring the beautiful young lady in front him Jessie was paying attention to her beautiful friend beside her.

“May you be so kind as to accompany me for a dance. I think it's the least you can do after bouncing into me,”Micah joked.

“I think you were the one who bumped into me and I would love to if there were music,” Ester laughed. As soon as the words were out of her mouth “Thinking Out Loud: by Ed Sheeran  blasted threw the room.

“I take that as a yes,” Micah smirked.

“I guess it is,” Ester replied.

“How about you? Will you save a poor man from misery by dancing with him,” Jessie asked Lia.

“Why not,”Lia giggled. So the two couples made their way to the dancefloor.

Ester had never thought that she would meet a handsome stranger that night. Honestly she thought it would be boring, but it turned out to be the exact opposite; isn't that why they made up the saying expect the unexpected.