Chapter 7: The Cabin of the Unclaimed

All of the yelling was too much.

Seeing Percy again just made my headache worse.

I'd fainted right on the spot. I'd never done well with sudden loud noises. But just seeing him there, made it all suddenly real.

But I was still slightly convinced I was dreaming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke back in the cabin. With Luke sitting at the edge of my bed, muttering absently to himself. I sat there, slowly blinking myself awake until I was ready to sit up. Luke looked my way, his scar shinning with sweat. He was really sweaty.

Like he'd been fighting someone.

He saw me get up a little off the bed. "How're you?" He asked, his voice breaking.

"Good? How, I mean, what happened to you?" His face fell.

"Percy and I," he sighed, "We got in a fight." Fighting? Percy?

"Yah," he gave a slight laugh, "Percy fighting. He's really good with a sword. Best me the first time he picked one up." He shook his head. A long ago memory probably playing in his head.

"Wow. Sword-fighting. Very Greek." I nodded. "But I'm still can't figure out why."

"Why what?"

"Why were you and Percy fighting?" He froze in place. Big inhale. Big exhale. "It was what he said at the amphitheater."

No. His voice echoed in my head.

He'd said that after I'd asked if I was a Demi-god. So, I wasn't a Demi-god, but I was at least god-like?

Luke laughed again and coughed, "Can you try to control the output Mels?"

I smiled. "Sorry. Where is everyone?" I asked, noticing the empty cabin for the first time.

"Dinner."

I pointed at a bed a few yards from us. "Then who's that?"

He sighed. "The girl you followed into the Amphitheater. She said she wanted to skip dinner and just sleep." His voice sounded like he'd tried arguing with her, but just ended up giving up and letting her do her own thing.

But wait, he still didn't know her name?

"Yah, never asked", he shrugged it off, "And she's been too self-isolating that I'd never wanted to ask."

"Oh. Well, I'm starving. Let's have dinner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Throughout dinner, Luke sat with me. And Percy sat with Thalia and Nico at their own table. Percy and Luke shot each other daggers the whole time, making Nico awkward sitting next to him. Chiron looked concerned about something at the head table, occasionally dropping portions of food into a small hearth at the center of the table.

The food was delicious. Cheese, grapes, strawberries, bread, burgers, pizza, an assortment of cookies. Large tin-colored goblets sat in front of each person.

"Where can I fill up my drink?"

"Oh," Luke picked his goblet up and showed me, his empty as well, "Watch." He held it in front of his face and said; "Coke." To the empty cup.

I was about to ask what he meant by that when I stopped myself. And watched his cup full up seemingly magically with the dark liquid.

"Oh! Voice activated? Cool." Luke gave another laugh, receiving another brooding look from Percy, who probably was about to stab the table with his dinner knife. "Ok then." I was nervous in case it didn't work, and it was all a prank. "Um.......Sprite." The cup immediately filled with the carbonated drink.

I smiled. That was so cool. I turned back to Luke. "Hey I did it." He gave me a smile and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Careful there Luke, Thalia's getting a little jealous." A boy whispered from across the table. I looked over to where she was at Percy's table. She had a spoon curled in her hand and was bending the entire thing into a candy cane shape. With her thumb. While giving me the death glare.

Probably because it looks like I'm going after her boyfriend. Right after a bad...thing. I looked away quickly.

Another laugh from our table. "Yah, we wouldn't want the daughter of Zeus to get jealous!" He nearly shouted.

Lightning immediately cracked in the sky.

"Shut it Travis." Luke said. He took his hand off my shoulder.

I tried to change the subject. "So how many of you haven't been 'claimed' yet?" A few looked up.

The first to respond was a little boy, "Me."

A girl maybe a year or two younger than me, "Me."

"Me."

"Me."

"Only four?" I asked, looking at Luke, "I thought there'd be more of you." I turned back to the rest of the table. "When did you all get here?"

The little boy; "Yesterday."

An older boy; "Two days ago."

A girl; "Same."

A younger girl; "Yesterday."

"Oh yah, and the loner girl got here three days ago." Someone pipped up.

This got me a bit ticked. "Doesn't anyone know her name? It's really mean of you to keep calling her 'loner girl' behind her back." They all looked down. Luke looked away.

"Like I said, she hasn't been very pleasant to any of us either." Luke answered, a few nods agreeing with his statement.

"Well, I don't like bullies. And you are all being bullies." I crossed my arms. "I'm going to bring her dinner and give her some company."

I took another plate and filled it with food, not knowing what she would be in the mood for.

And headed down to the Hermes cabin, alone.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'd really like to know how I'm doing guys!!!

So as usual:

-Comment
-Drop a like??

THANKS TO ALL WHO READ!!!