Chapter 3*

(a/n:*EDITED*)

Alex's POV

Louis put his arm around my waist. My shirt was up a little, so our skin touched again. It was just a millisecond before Louis pulled away, as if he was shocked. Did he feel it too?

I guess he felt something, because as we walked downstairs together, he made sure there was a few inches in between us.

I wasn't sure if those shocking feeling were good or bad. I'd never felt them before.

When we got down to breakfast, I saw Niall with an apron on making biscuits and gravy. How did he know that was my favorite? And how on earth am I supposed to kill somebody who makes me food?!

The one named Harry saw me coming and suddenly shouted, "Maybe it's the way she walked!"

I looked at him with a 'what the fuck' look, and they all just laughed.

I walked over to Niall where I heard him singing. It sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Zayn walked over and lightly hit me on the head with a plate. Not realizing he was joking, I reached down to pull my gun out of my waistband, before realizing I had left it upstairs... Thank God I had.

All of the lads turned to look at my angry face.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Zayn said. I let out a long sigh. They were so nice. I started to wonder why I was supposed to kill them. What had these wonderful lads done to get on Ryder's bad side?

"It's okay. I'm sorry I freaked out."

"It's okay!" Louis and Zayn yelled at the same time.

"Jinx! Jinx!" I said and they both looked at me with terrified looks.

Harry, Niall, and Liam were laughing so hard they were rolling on the floor. Niall stood up and wiped a tear from his face. "We used to play this game all the time and I guess they thought we forgot about it."

We all got breakfast and sat at the island in the kitchen. We had a hard time eating because we kept laughing at Zayn and Louis, who kept trying to sign things with their hands.

When we were all done eating and were sitting on the couch, my head on Louis' lap and my feet an Liam's, I asked a question that I didn't want to, "When do I need to leave?" And I frowned. The sooner they told me I had to leave, the sooner I had to kill them.

They all looked at each other and shrugged. "Well, we did let a stranger come into our house and sleep here, so you can stay here for a while. If you don't have anywhere to go of course. I mean you didn't kill us last night, so what are the chances that you're some cold-blooded murderer?" They all busted out laughing, except Niall. His eyes widened and connected with my pleading ones.

"Hey..." Niall said.

"Alex." I said.

"Alex. Can I talk to you a second? Alone."

This time, my eyes widened. "O-okay."

I stood up and followed Niall into what I assumed was his room, where he closed and locked the door. He turned around and I could see the anger and... hurt in his eyes. "W-were you the one who tried to shoot me?" He asked.

I dropped my head. He sat down on the bed."Why?"

I knew I shouldn't tell him, so I kept my mouth shut and just looked up at him. I saw tears running down his face, his eyes closed. Why was this impacting him so much?

When I saw his face, the tears, I broke down. "I'mahitmanandIworkforsomeoneandIjustkillwhotheytellmeandtheytoldmetokillallofyou." I said, all of it in one big word.

He looked at me. I felt a stinging sensation in my cheek and my head turned.

I looked into his blue eyes that were dark with anger.

"Did you just..." I couldn't finish.

"Damn right I did! You're lucky it wasn't worse; you tried to kill me!"

"I'm sorry! In just the less than 24 hours I've spent with you lads, I don't see why Ryder wants me to kill you! I won't try again!"

His head snapped up. "Ryder?"

I looked at him with curious eyes. "He's my boss. And my boyfriend."

His hand flew and hit my face again, this time with enough force to knock me down. I fell into the side table and hit the ground. It was at that moment that I realized that we were in Louis' room. I reached my hand under the bed and grabbed my gun. "If you even try to touch me again, I will not hesitate to shoot you."

He slowly turned to where I sat on the floor, clutching my side from where the corner of the table hit it with one hand, holding my gun steady with the other.

"Don't tell the lads about this and I won't kill any of you."

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Niall kept saying over and over. His hands were repeatedly running through his hair. He turned and his fist connected with the wall. "Fuck! Fine. Just put the gun away. I can't believe that you're in this with Ryder!"

"That was stupid. Did you think it was a good idea to hit a wall?" I tucked the gun in my waistband.

"Shut up. Just go get a washcloth or something." He said through clenched teeth.

I went out of the room and downstairs to the bathroom.

"Hey. Is everything okay up there?" Harry asked.

"Just fine and dandy." I grabbed a washcloth and wet it down.

I walked into Niall's room and closed and locked the door again.

Niall and I sat on the floor farthest away from the door. While I wiped the blood off his knuckles, I asked, "Can this just be our little secret please?"

I looked up from Niall's fist. "Well are you going to try to kill me again?"

I rolled my eyes. "With my good looks, maybe."

"Oh shut it. Let's go before they get suspicious."

We walked downstairs together and sat on the couch.