Chapter VII: Basilisk Say What Now

7/11/2016

Rights to some of the characters and plot line go to J. K. Rowling and L. J. Smith. However, most of the characters and plot are mine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's PoV:

Katherina,

I have suddenly become extremely busy and will have no time to work on our project until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience.

T.M.R

I raised an eyebrow, scanning back over the letter my owl had dropped on my lap during breakfast. I just don't understand him; he was all for working on the project yesterday and he's suddenly gotten extremely busy overnight? Yeah right, something happened.

I sat in the common room, curled against Kiyo's side as he spoke to Mason and Scarlett, who sat across from him. Before you start, yes I'm aware Kiyo is a Gryffindor, not Slytherin. Yes, I know he shouldn't be here. No, I don't care he's in enemy territory and no Slytherin would dare object anyway.

Hell, we exchanged common room passwords so we could all drop in and say hey whenever, I know the passwords for every single house dorm.

"Holy shit!" Kiyo sat up straight, knocking me out of my thoughts, and stared in shock at Adrian, who had just stepped through the common room door. "What the fuck happened, man?"

Adrian stared straight at Kiyo, not once sparing me a glance. Mason and Scarlett watched me from the corners of their eyes, shocked too. Adrian's nose was covered by tape and twice the size it should have been. Bruises spread up his nose and to his eyes, which were currently watery and blood shot.

"Don't wanna talk about it." He sighed and headed straight for the boys' corridor.

"Adrian, come on, who do I need to beat up?" Kiyo rose from his seat next to me.

Adrian's eyes met mine at that, his showing a clear warning. "Picked the wrong bitch, didn't I."

I growled silently, glaring daggers. Kiyo laughed at his words, sitting back down next to me. "Serves you right mate, maybe you'll show some respect now."

Adrian didn't respond, merely retreating back to his room.

"I would kill to know who did that to him." Mason stared straight at me as he spoke, Scarlett trying not to shuffle in her seat as I had already told her what happened last night, when I came raging back to our room. I merely winked in response to Mason.

"Me too." Kiyo nodded his head, clearly not clicking on at all.

It's fine, I'll keep Adrian's secret as long as he leaves me alone. If not then Kiyo finds out and Adrian's life is over, simples.

Suddenly, the portrait swung open and Christian tripped over through the doorway. I jumped from my seat and walked over in time to help him to his feet.

"You okay?" I spoke once he caught his breath.

"I'm fine," he swallowed. "It's Catherine..." He trailed off.

"What about her?!" I gripped his arm in alarm and felt Kiyo rush up beside me.

"She's had some kind of relapse, she collapsed and she's in the medical wing with Lisa now."

He didn't even finish his sentence before Kiyo and I both shoved him aside to sprint past him and to the medical wing. We made it in record time, cutting the 10-minute journey into 3. We crashed into the double doors so hard, Kiyo managed to break the top hinges, not that either of us stopped to care.