Chapter IV: Draw of Dark Magic

26/10/2016

Rights to some of the characters and plot line go to J. K. Rowling and L. J. Smith. However, most of the characters and plot are mine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's PoV:

We managed to arrive 15 minutes early to lesson (something I did often anyway) and found seats spread across the classroom. I immediately sat at the front, Kiyo sitting with Christian in the middle while Rose headed for the back with Scarlett. They each engaged in quiet conversation and it wasn't long before the door to the classroom opened again.

A tall, strong boy slipped inside, closing the door quietly behind him and somehow managing to stay undetected by the others. Tom Riddle looked up as he approached the front, making eye contact with me. He frowned, seeming angry, coming to a stop right next to my chair.

"You're in my seat." He growled, raising his eyebrow expectantly.

I stared up at him, amused. I rose from the chair and came to stand right next to him, between him and the wooden stool. I looked him up and down, mere inches separating us, before I turned to examine the chair. Humming sarcastically, I shook my head after a moment and sat back down.

"Didn't think so." I shook my head again.

"What are you doing?" His voice remained in a growl.

"Well you said it was your chair and I was just looking for a name. Didn't see one so here I am." I shrugged, winking at the angered boy.

He huffed loudly, fists clenching at his sides. I half expected him to force me from the chair but instead, he pulled on a fake smile and sat around the corner of the table, beside me. I stared at him emotionlessly, before shrugging and facing forward.

"You can be quite problematic, can't you?" He spoke quietly.

I shrugged again, smiling. "I like to think of it as a talent."

"What you did to Patricia was amusing and well deserved." His face remained expressionless, eyes not moving from my face.

"Patricia?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Parkinson."

"Ahhh," I hummed. "Yes, that stupid little cow."

He snorted, a smirk pulling at his rather attractive lips.

"Oh wow!" Not seconds after that thought, Professor Slughorn strode into the classroom. "Usually it's just Tom here before me but there's practically a full house already!" He caught sight of me and stopped at our table. "Good first impression Ms. Dracula and I'm glad to see you making friends with old Tom here, he'll be a great role-model indeed, the prize student that he is."

Tom puffed his chest out proudly, smirking at me.

"He won't be the only prized student by the end of the lesson I can assure you professor, I've been learning potions since the age of 3." I smirked back at Tom.

"Oh wow!" At that moment the rest of the class chose to quietly slip in before the start of lesson. "My, my, why so young?"

"Well, have you ever heard of Tristan Storm?"

"Why who hasn't, he's the most famous potioneer alive right now!" He smiled happily. "Do you know him?"

"Tristan is my father's twin brother. He's now the headmaster of St. Vladimir's but from an early age he taught me the secrets to potions. He didn't want people to appreciate his potions for being a Dracula and so took on his mother's maiden name, hence why we don't share the same surname."