4. when skies are gray...

Did ya see the new cover c: I decided to make a new one because the other one was kinda...bleh. Anyways this took a long time to update, I'm sorry. Remember this chapter is in Ayden's POV c:

Onward my darlings.

♡♡♡

"Ayden Hall?"

     My eyes darted up to the male standing in front of me, his intense gaze causing me to recoil back a bit. Derrick had forced me to take the intern's place at the front desk and sign off papers for Charlie's tour costs and any legal matters. I was a dancer, not a fucking assistant.

     Fuck Derrick.    

     "Uh, yeah, I'm Ayden. Who's asking?"

     The dude looked too professional with his black suit clinging onto his figure to his neat but unruly hair. Whatever that looked like. The phone in his hand looked as if it costed more than my life. Hell, it probably did. Who was this guy?

     "My name is Cameron Arbor," He said, reading my mind. Pausing for a moment as another text came in, he held a finger up and motioned for me to wait while he dialed some number. Okay, he was a prick.

     "Charlie, what did I tell you?" At the mention of the singer's name, my attention was suddenly caught. This guy knew Charlie? How?! He seemed like too much of a tight ass for someone like Charlie to know him. Although, the male did look oddly familiar. Maybe he was Charlie's lawyer.

     "Oh? Fine, come in then." Cameron ended the phone call without a goodbye. "He should be here shortly."

     Wait, what? Charlie was coming? It had been weeks since anyone had seen or even heard from him! The show was canceled, much to Derrick's and the other dancers displeasure and let's just say he didn't really have many people on his side at the moment.

     "Do I know you?" I asked once my eyes had landed back on the male.

     "If you don't, you've been living under a rock all of your life."

     Okay, a rude and narcissistic prick. Just my luck. Giving it a few more minutes and racking my brain some more, my mind had finally recognized him. "Oh. You're that model right?" I said, proud of myself.

     "Obviously."

     Before I could go off on him for his lack of manners, Charlie came through the front door, seeming surprised to see me behind the desk. "Welcome to Star Records studio where all the stars get record deals," I joked, leaning back in the seat.

     "Didn't take me very long to find him. Why him though, why not go directly to your manager?"

     "Derrick is out making plans for upcoming performances," Charlie mumbled as Cameron pulled him close and kissed him.

     My mouth opened slightly in shock, looking between them. Were they dating? Was Charlie really dating this pretentious asswipe? Seriously? Calming down from the shock, I stood up.

     "So you were looking for me?"

     Cameron turned his gaze towards Charlie expectantly, his eyes holding somewhat of a threat in them. Charlie met his gaze and fidgeted, grabbing a folded sheet of paper from his jacket pocket and holding it out towards me. His hands were trembling.

     "Give this to Derrick and have him call me."

     I didn't take the note right away, my focus on Charlie. This was new. For as long as I had known Charlie, he had never seemed this fragile. For God's sake, his hand was fucking trembling from passing over a note. Or maybe he was scared, but of what?