7. please don't take...

I was lost in his kiss. His lips were so warm and soft against my own, and so passionate. I refused to let him pull away, and he didn't attempt to.

     My awareness was slipping away, the only thing I could focus on was his warm hand that was running up and down my side. Even in this freezing cold hospital, Ayden had still managed to stay warm. I pressed my body against his, leaning up and begging him to deepen the kiss.

     Only then did Ayden pull away, much to my objections, and smiled apologetically. He pulled out his vibrating phone before answering it. "Hello?" He held me, stroking my hair while he talked. I felt so relaxed with him, like nothing could go wrong.

     "Shit, sorry, I had forgotten. I can't..."

     Bringing my hand up, I ran my thumb over his bottom lip, earning a small smile.

     "Yeah, I understand, but tell Derrick." For a moment he just remained silent, a frown suddenly on his face. He sat up. "Yeah, whatever."

     He ended the call. "I was supposed to come in today. There's some new chore-"

     "Don't leave me..." I sat up along with him, my hand gripping onto his shirt. He couldn't leave me alone. What if Cameron was to find out and come? What would I do? I needed him. "Please."

     Ayden smiled, leaning down to my lips but not kissing me. "I wouldn't dream of it."

     "Kiss me..." I muttered, the anticipation slowly clawing at me. Ayden chuckled and pulled away. For fuck's sake...

     "I have to go get your discharge papers. I'll be back." He slid from the bed and headed out of the room, leaving me alone once again.

     "Tease."

     We didn't leave the hospital right away. I couldn't, not when that girl's parents were still there mourning over the loss. If I left, I wouldn't be content. Ayden kept trying to tell me that it still wasn't my fault but his words went into one ear and out of the other.

     "Doctor!" I exclaimed, grabbing the male before he could go in the room with the parents. He raised an eyebrow at my action but I ignored him, handing him a check. "It's for their medical expenses and any leftover goes directly to them."

     "Charlie." Ayden said softly.

     "No, I need to do this. I want to." I watched as the doctor looked at the check, surprised.

     "Sir, may I get your name, so they'll know who sent it?"

     "Make it anonymous."

     Ayden and I left after that, but I still felt as if I could've done more. I felt guilty. The only thing that dragged my thoughts away from the girl was the loud ringtone that emitted from my phone. Ayden only glanced at me as I answered the it.

     "Charlie, where are you?" Cameron asked in a frightening calm way that made my blood run cold. He was almost never this calm unless he was purposely trying to keep his cool. I would've actually preferred him to yell because at least I could've gauged his anger. This time, I couldn't.

     "Oh, uh, I-I was planning o-on coming b-back later. I had just g-gone out to..." My voice faltered, my mind blank of excuses. He knew I was lying. He always did. My phone was suddenly grabbed by Ayden and the call was ended.

    "You're not going back."

     "What the hell Ayden?! You don't understand, I have to go back. He'll just find me if I don't." I hadn't notice that we had parked until Ayden had fully turned his body to look at me. His hand went to my cheek, and like time and time again, my body automatically leaned towards the the warmth that it emitted.