Last Chance

Me, the sidemen and a few more friends were all going to the hospital. Simon's family were going to be there after us, and have longer to spend with him, understandably. I don't know what I would do without Simon, he means the world to me. I'd for sure take a bullet for him anyday.

We arrived at the hospital, and I sat on one of the plastic chairs outside his ward. I'd never had a worse pain in my chest, and I wanted to cry but I couldn't squeeze any tears out, no matter how hard I tried. Two hours passed before I was allowed in, and I shakily stood up.

"Well Simon..." I said, stroking his hand the way I usually do. "I'm gonna miss you-" and then the tears came. He won't wanna wake up to me crying, try to be happy. Talk about good things, I told myself, he might be listening. "Hey remember when... when we went to get costa in the middle of the night? You only wore a T-shirt you silly thing. That was jokes!" I said, fake laughing. There were still silent tears streaming down my face. He's not gonna change stage, he's never gonna wake up. "Simon I need you!" I whispered, silently bursting into tears.

Suddenly, the screen showing Simon's heartbeat changed... it seemed to increase. My heart skipped a bit... What does this mean? I dropped his hand and raced to the door, just as a doctor was enteringg,
"His heartrate!" I exclaimed,
"Yes yes I know. I'm monitering everything from my office," he said waryly, "Please can you step outside a moment." He asked. Wait... what if this is a bad thing? is it my fault? I stepped outside, and stood with the rest of the sidemen and friends.
"I need to inform you all," He started, I felt my breathing increase, it was too intense, "that this patient, Simon Minter," I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment, before blinking them open again, "has indeed moved to the second stage." The doctor finished, with a smile. My heart leapt about 50 feet, and the knots in my stomach untwisted. I started crying, tears of joy gushed down my face. And soon I was pulled into a massive hug with everyone else. All were cheering and smiling, I just cried. But I was happy, happier than I had ever been.

I had to, I couldn't let Simon die in the 6th chapter yano xD. But he's still in a coma so don't get too hopeful. Sorry, this is a short chapter but,
Thanks for reading:).
Aaand Seeya🌻