Never Been Happier

I risked a glance into those dangerous, yet beautiful blue eyes. He was sat opposite me in Nandos, and was staring straight back at me. I couldn't help but giggle.
"Josh... Did I ever say I loved you?" Simon asks. I feel my throat go dry, as I pause to think.
"Yeah you did." I said, recalling all the times. He smiles a sad smile, filled with pitty. I feel my heart sink a little deeper.
"Did we... Y'know... 'Do it'?" He asked shyly. I nod and chuckle. He looks shocked, but it soon turns to laughter.
"Who topped?" He asks, giggling slightly.
"Me." I said, and he nods, grinning.

***

We were walking alongside the river, like we had once before. I so wanted to reach out and take his hand, but he still thinks he's straight. We stop when we come to a bridge. I remember last time, we kissed in this exact spot. My heart plummeted, and tears stung my eyes, to think that it can never happen again...

Without thinking I reach out, and take his hand. He turns to face me, about to object, but I silence him with a kiss. It was sweet and short. I was about to pull away, when he grips my hair and pulls me closer, like he used to... He's kissing back! HE's KISSING BACK! My stomach does a flip.
"Josh, I remember everything." He whispers into the kiss. My heart skips a beat, and I gasp. Simon just giggles, and wraps his arms around my neck. I do the same with his waist. The way we used to kiss. My whole world seems to return to normal, as I smile and pull him
even closer. His smell, his warmth, him, surrounding me, holding me close. I've never been happier.

Short, but sweet. This is not the end don't worry! Much much more to come(;. Also check out my latest oneshot, in my Sidemen Oneshots book, I really enjoyed writing it.
Thanks for reading:).
Aaand Seeya🌻