Blame the Dust

They were home, which made Emma feel even worse that meant there was a great chance that Killian had heard them. "We have to go out there.", Liam said sitting next to her at the edge of his bed.
She looked at him tears filling her eyes, "Do we?", she asked already knowing the answer. "Because we can always spend the rest of our lives in here. Or...", she eyed the window, "Or we can escape out the window.".
He chuckled unhumorously, "Your kidding aren't you?".
She shrugged, "I run that's what I do.".
Liam got up and pulled the window open, and took a step from it, "Go ahead, I'll follow your lead.".
"Your kidding? Your a good guy...", she said incredulously. The good brother, her mind added but she wouldn't say it aloud.
He shrugged, "Obviously not, and I also have no desire to face my brother after...", After I had sex with his girlfriend in our house where he probably overheard.
"Agreed.", she jumped up from the bed and took his hand and jumped out, it was a good thing they had a first floor condo or else this wouldn't have been an option. He came out only a few moments after her, it was probably only midday, with the sun halfway through the sky. She was still in her cheer uniform from the night before, Liam though had changed into a dark t-shirt and simple low-waisted faded blue jeans.
He oddly looked like a bartender to her dressed like that, "So what now?', he asked and to be completely honest she had no idea.
"Coffee? I feel like I have a massive hangover...", Liam nodded, and they began to walk towards town.
~ ~ ~
"I don't really even know what happened...", Emma said sitting across from Liam in Starbucks idly stirring her Mango Black Tea with a straw, "One second I'm talking to Sophia and then the next- I'm making out with you. I'm pretty sure she drugged me.".
When she looked up from her drink at Liam he only stared at her, his lips in a straight line. He seemed to be considering what he was going to say, and he only shrugged, "I don't know. It was almost a feeling of drinking too much...", he finished for her reiterating her own thoughts.
"I don't know what to say to Killian, I mean, will he believe that I had absolutely no control? That Sophia drugged me?".
Liam reached across the table and held her hand reassuringly, "He'll believe you. Forgive you too with time... But for me I don't think I'll receive the same.".
Now Emma felt her heart drop, this had been exactly what she'd feared, that she would come between the two of them. "You said you were under the influence to?", Liam nodded solemnly, "Then he should forgive you too.".
~ ~ ~
Killian heard them come in at two this morning, laughing loudly fumbling into the bedroom, the creaking of bed springs, he eventually walked out allowing the door to slam shut behind him. He managed to find the witch of a girl Sophia at school talking, flirting with a football player by her locker. He'd puffed up his chest as he walked over, "I need to talk to her.", Sophia nodded at the guy and he'd walked away no argument.
"What do you want Jones?", she asked obviously vexed by him intruding.
"I want to know what kind of spell you used on my girlfriend last night.", he said a bit more gruffly than he had intended.
She grinned, "You know about magic...  Interesting.".
"Are you going to answer me?".
Sophia slammed her locker shut and glanced around cautiously before responding, "It's a spell that has similar effects of getting inebriated, gets rid of all inhibitions.".
"Does it make people do things they don't want to do?", Liam having sex with Emma for example, his brother.
The girls expression soured, "No.", she answered definitively and instantly he felt even more broken than he already did, "There has to be a want already there.".
~ ~ ~

"Emma I must ask,", Liam began tentatively and she looked up at him as she had been previously looking at the ground as they walked, "Is there no part of you that feels anything for me? It was only driven by the dus-drug?", he quickly corrected there was too much going on to explain magic to her right now.
She tugged nervously at her skirt, "Liam don't.".
He stopped walking and so did she, her hair blowing into her face by the wind. "Emma. We need to talk about this. So we both can move on.".
"What do you want me to say? I'm in love with your brother. All of this is beyond wrong. What we did last night no matter the circumstances we both know it couldn't have happened if we-", Damnit. She instantly realized what she'd admitted.
Liam edged closer in a similar fashion as Killian had before, "We? If we what Emma?".
"If we didn't have feelings for each other.", she admitted defeated. "But it's wrong! We both know it. I shouldn't feel anything for you and you- you definitely shouldn't feel anything for me.".
"I know."
"This is the end of whatever is going on between us. It has to be. Because whatever I feel for you is nothing compared to what I feel for Killian.", Liam only nodded stepping away from her.
~ ~ ~
When they walked in Killian was sitting at the counter on one of the bar stools. His head jerked up when they entered and instantly Emma wanted to dart back out the door and not deal with this. It hurt her to look at a wounded Killian, and to know she had been the one to inflict that pain. Both she and Liam took the other two stools silently. Tears were already forming in her eyes, "I'm so sorry.", Emma said.
"Don't.", Killian said before she could continue, "I know you were under the influence of a-"
"Drug.", Liam finished and Killian nodded understandingly.
The air between all of them felt heavy and dense, "But this drug doesn't make you do anything you don't already want to do. So obviously you have feelings for him," It almost sounded like a sneer, "that you need to get sorted.".
"Killian you're wrong.", Emma tried desperately pulling at his jacket only to pushed away.
"I'm hurt, but I get it.", Now his caspian blue eyes met his brothers sky blue ones, "That's why I am going to take a step back."
"Killian no.", Both Liam and Emma said.
He shook his head his mind already made up and he turned his attention back to Emma, "I love you Emma, and I do believe we will be together. So you have my permission to date him. I have full faith that you'll end up with me.".
"I love you Killian.", Emma said putting a hand to his cheek her thumb stroking his chin.
His eyes softened and she could see the tears filling them, the pain he felt. "I know. That's what makes this all that much more painful.", he leaned forward and kissed her, a soft short brush of lips that made her crave him. He got up and walked out of the room, leaving Liam and Emma speechless.

I'm sure you guys are going to have opinions on this chapter! I have a plan though!! So just hang on for the journey! Please comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks guys for all of your feedback I do read it and it is what keeps me writing!! Xoxo!