The Little Things.

It was interesting to Emma how the things she always wished for had come out a situation she had avoided. Living with Liam and Killian of coarse she had been hesitant, knowing Killian for only a short time and his brother she'd only just met. But as it turned out that was the only option she really had and 'beggars can't be choosers' as the expression goes.
In actuality it had been going pretty smoothly, Liam as it turned out was a pretty decent guy.  Killian in her despite being in such close proximity managed to not get on each others nerves. She felt almost like a spy in their home though as she watched the intimate brotherly exchanges between the two.
"Emma should cook one night this week, considering she'll be home an hour before either of us.", Liam suggested as he entered the room quickly followed by Killian.
She shifted a bit discomfort, Emma wasn't a well versed cook in all honesty she was mortified of killing them. She could make the basics pasta, pancakes, eggs, but not a whole meal.
Killian looked over at her expectantly, "What do you say love?", he asked.
"Only if you can help.", Emma replied.
He grinned, "of coarse.".

Emma stared down at the box of pasta, her face stricken with concentration. She'd been like this for the past ten minutes, managing to remember she needed a pot full of water.
It was now boiling on the stove, but she was nervous to put the pasta in because she wasn't sure about the amount of time it would take. That wasn't true. She was nervous of failing, Liam was like a professional chef when he cooked.
"Love you don't have laser vision, at least that you've mention to me.", Killian commented causing her to jump. She hadn't even heard him come in.
She exhaled calming herself, crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes. "I know I don't have laser vision.".
Killian walked over and plucked the box from her hands, he inspected it playfully, "It has no scorch marks so I trust your telling the truth.", he said his eyes leaving the box to meet hers while he arched a single eyebrow.
She snatched the box back from him, "Ha. ha. Very funny.", but despite herself she could feel a grin on her lips.
Now he crossed his arms and leaned back on the counter, "Now Swan, don't tell me you don't know how to make pasta.".
"I do- I just want it to be good.", She answered almost shamefully.
"Oh love, no need to worry. For one thing even the worse cooks can't ruin pasta. Another thing, Liam and I don't need- or expect, it to be perfect. Lastly, Im here to help you."
"Maybe I don't want your help.", Emma offered. Opening the box and breaking the pasta in half and putting it in.
He smirked going into a cabinet and pulled a can of Prego, shaking it in front of her. "But you need it."
Emma scowled as he opened it and put it in a pan heating the tomato sauce. "I had it handled.".
He gave her an incredulous look, "Right." As he turned away she flicked the sauce in his face, Killian startled became composed. Emma beamed, "You did not...", he muttered sticking his finger into the sauce and flicking it at her.
It quickly became an all out war, they somehow managed to keep the kitchen clean as they covered each other. By the time they stopped they'd used up all the sauce, and Liam was unlocking the door. Both of them froze as if they were bickering siblings and Liam were their parent.
When Liam spotted them, he froze glancing between them. "Brother I-", Killian began only to be cut off by a fit of laughter.
Liam moved to grab a cloth and threw it at her, which she caught. "Clean yourselves up, I'll have dinner ready by the time you two get out.".
That caused Killian to arch a suggestive eyebrow at her, which caused her to suppress a giggle as he was covered in tomato sauce. He offered a hand, which she smiled as she took it. "Actually Killian, I would like to speak to Emma alone.", Liam said to her surprise, she moved her hand. Killian gave her a supportive nod as jotted down the hall to the bathroom.

A Few Nights Before
Killian was still at work, as Emma busied herself with trying to learn the cheer routine. Although the living room wasn't the most ideal place to practice it would have to do. "No offense Emma, but you look ridiculous.", Liam said leaning against the corner of the hallway that led into the living room. 
She shrugged allowing herself to fall onto the couch, "I'm well aware.".
Liam walked in, taking a seat next to her on the couch, "I've been meaning to thank you Emma.".
"For...?", she asked as she knitted her eyebrows together.
"For I don't know really...", he scratched uncomfortably behind his ear a similar gesture of Killian's. "Being there for him.".
Emma smiled softly. "I should be the one thanking you.", she said knowing his knee with her own, "after all you gave me a place to live.".
She watched curiously as he reddened. "I heard Killian wants to go to the school dance and your opposed.", his blue eyes met hers.
"I don't know how to dance.", she admitted a bit embarrassed.
This caused him to grin as he got up offering a hand to her, "Your on the cheer team, you shouldn't be hard to teach.".
Emma took it, "You'd be surprise.".
It wasn't long before she had gotten the hang of it, spinning with ease in her pajamas. This time he dipped her, and there eyes met, a slow steady spark ignited in her chest as he slowly raised her, ending so that their faces were near inches apart. She forced herself to pull away, his pupils had grown, "I'm sorry- I didn't intend-", he stuttered uncomfortably as he'd just been awoken from a spell.
"No- I know.", she brushed him off.

PRESENT DAY 
They'd pretty much avoided each other since then, and now she could feel that spark building again. "Emma did you tell him about the other night?", he asked inching forward.
"No. Of coarse not. It was nothing.", she attempted. "Did you?", she narrowed her eyes at him. The light feeling of the moment before completely expelled from the air.
"No.", He said still staring at her. She used that as opening to leave, walking into the hallway and using the guest bathroom to wash up.

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter, a bit of a plot twist and even more twists to come! Thanks for reading and let me know what you think and vote! Xoxo!