Chapter 6 - Something wicked in the ware house

"Love is not what the mind thinks, but what the heart feels." - Greg Evans

Kieran's POV

You should be ready to see anything, meet anyone if you roam the underground drainage systems of New York City.Coming here isn't all butterfly's and sunshine, it's the only vampire's den in the city that's easy for a hunter like me to get into any time of the day without back up.  Vampires mostly spend the day time hours hidden in their lavish mansions .The problem is, those places are mystically protected from human eyes and getting in to one is harder than sneaking in to CIA head quarters.Lucky for me there's always a few strays and outcasts living in these damp disgusting places, the abandoned underground sewers mirroring those of a Hatter's tea party. Just as Insane looking as the vamps who inhabit them.

I saw a female vamp sleeping in a dry corner of the drain reeking with Alcohol.Blood and alcohol, oh please, Why not post a neon sign on the walls that read, Vampire This Way. Follow Path.

 ‘’This is your morning wake up call.’’

 I staked her in the heart. That was easy. Well, she was drunk, vodka if I’m right.

 I was halfway through an abandoned drain when I heard the blasting rock music. So the vamps are having a little party. Good, now no one will notice that I’m here until too late..

 I couldn’t even finish thinking that sentence. Two female vamps emerged from the bend of the tunnel. They stopped about fifteen feet away from me when they sensed my presence.  I shifted from my hiding spot and came into their view.  One girl pushed a lock of hot pink hair from her shoulder and came forward smiling at me. 

Her entire physique had ‘wasted’ written upon it, cocaine or marijuana or both. I don’t understand why vampires go around turning every tom dick and harry into their kind. I mean I already know part of it is due to vamps mirroring some habits and mechanisms of their sires. But, don’t they have standards?

 ‘’I told you Evelyn. You can find hot guys everywhere in New York.’’ She giggled and said in a Texan accent  .

 But her friend gave me a suspicious look. I don’t flirt with female vampires as a rule. They are cunning and troublesome by their nature .She vamps have dragged countless men to their doom with their siren song. I took my chakram from my belt.  They never notice me carrying it for some reason.

 Evelyn’s eyes widened, she reached out and grabbed her friend’s hand and started to run. What’s wrong with these vampires?

 I’m a hunter, a cold hearted one if what the other hunters are saying is true. But,I never fallow a vampire who's running for their life. It’s completely against my code of honor.

  I had decided to crash the underground vamp night club when I felt the tip of a blade in the back of my neck, "Someone wants a word with you," A low gravelly voice came from behind me. "Let's go!" The vampire whom I had yet to see marched me to the VIP entrance of the club.

The interior of the club was weirder than I would have guessed, but it was still hotter than I expected and I being marched in to my sure end was not making it look any friendlier under the odd laser lights of blue red and white. When I and my captor entered the VIP section of the creepy vampire club a remarkably familiar man was sitting on a throne like chair. Blood boiled in my veins, hotter than the wrath of all gods. But why, why would I feel so much anger towards some man I’ve never met before. “Bring the hunter before me and force him to kneel. If he has no manners we will teach him!"

“Why would I kneel before you?”

I was dragged in front of him and forced to my knees; I looked him dead in the eye the entire time, refusing to yield to some monstrous creature with no conscience. I noticed an attractive blonde female vampire standing beside the vampire, her eyes blank and dead. She couldn’t have been a vampire too long. It was clear in the frail, hungry and yet scared way she was staring at me.