Confessing

A/N
That last chapter man...seriously though. Who does Soda really love?

"Alex, what did you say?" Darry said, standing up and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't want him hearing, make sure he can't hear." I said.

Darry got the memo and he listened in on Soda and Pony. He gave a thumbs up, signaling they were occupied, and he sat down on the couch next to me.

I started crying, "I like Soda...I really do. But he likes some other girl. He wanted advice. I'm so scared."

He turned and I bawled against his shoulder. I guess my crying attracted people cause Pony came out, and not far behind was a Soda, leaning on Ponys shoulder as he attempted to get himself over.

"Why is she crying Darry?" Soda asked worriedly.

Darry pat my back, "She's just stressed out I guess Soda. Why don't you sit with her."

I looked up at him again and he smiled, hope gleaming from his face. Pony helped him over and he sat down next to me, embracing me in a hug I didn't want to get out of.

"Shhh, shhh, it's ok Alex. Whatever it is we can get through it together." He said reassuringly.

When should I tell him...I only just met him but who couldn't fall for him. It's Sodapop Curtis, and he's probably the only boy I will ever like again.

"Soda..." I choked. "I...I...I like someone too."

Suddenly he started crying too. I could tell it was from pain, but not a physical pain, it was emotional.

"I can't take it! Alex, you are the only girl for me and I can't handle it if you are with anyone else. I'll buy you cheesy chocolates, I would every day!" He cried.

I looked him in his tear filled eyes, "Soda...I like you too."

His eyes were happy, but he still cried. He smiled and choked back his tears. I saw Darry and Pony, looks of pure pride on their faces.

"Alex, this is who thought you were beautiful. He told us the first time he saw you." Pony said.

Darry replied, "True, that kid brother likes you. That's why I was surprised when you said you liked him this morning."

I looked back at Soda. I hugged him tight and let go.

I started to say, "Soda..."

I got cut off. By a kiss on the lips. They were soft, and I felt at home, but it stopped. Soda had stopped crying and I knew he did want me, more than life, and I felt the same.

"Alex, stay with me." Soda said.

-knock knock-

"Honey? Are you in here?" I heard a familiar voice ask from the front door.

"She's right in here." Darry said.

Mom opened the door and walked inside. She gasped when she saw my tear stained face hugging another tear stained face.

"What are you doing young lady?" Mom asked, a horrified expression stamped on her face.

"Mom, this is Sodapop, their brother." I replied.

She looked at Darry then me, and I gave her a look saying that I'd explain everything later.

Sodapop got up, using Pony yet again as support, and shook hands with my mom.

He smiled, "Pleased to meet you. I'd just like to say that your daughter is an amazing person, and I'd like your permission to take her on a date."

I gasped and then it all blacked out.

A/N
I'd have to say that...that's a beautiful moment right there. The love of your life asking your mom for a blessing, and you fainting. And now I'm scared cause I hear the weirdest things...anyways goodbye!