Chapter 6

Friends I am on a holiday and therefore haven't yet written the manan ff part. I had written this one so publishing out of schedule. Hope you like it.

****

Recap: Niti met with an accident. Parth rushed to Mumbai from Pune as soon as Veebha informed him.

After about 3.5 hours of operation, the doctors stepped outside and informed that she was fine but needed extra care and medication since the injuries were too deep.

Parth: Can we meet her?

Doctor: No I'm sorry. We're shifting her to the ICU as of now and she would be kept under observation for the next 12 hours. After that, you can all go and meet her.

Charlie: We haven't informed her parents.

Utkarsh: Yeah but why to disturb them back in Delhi?

Ayaz: We wouldn't have if it weren't this serious. But now I feel we should let them know. I'll call her dad and talk to him.

Parth wasn't involved in the conversation all this while as he was sitting on a bench far away praying for niti's well being.

Ayaz excused himself to call niti's dad while the others stayed there in silence hoping for her to get better soon.

The next 12 hours passed with Parth constantly pacing up and down corridor outside the ICU waiting to go in and see her all hail and hearty. Everyone asked him to go home and take some rest for a while but he didn't listen to anyone. He had been awake for more than 15 hours and still wasn't moving. His eyes had started turning tired and gloomy, full of hope of seeing Niti all well in front of him.

Niti's parents arrived soon enough and tried to comfort Parth but he wasn't aware of his surroundings. He was simply waiting for the 12 hours to come to an end so that he would get to see her.

At the end of 12 hours, the doctors went in to examine her and conduct a few tests. The test results indicated that she was much better and recovering and therefore they need not worry. But Parth still hadn't taken a sigh of relief. He needed to see for himself if she was alright. The doctor allowed one person at a time to enter and niti's parents put forward Parth to go see her first. They were her parents but they could see how restless Parth had been all the time and therefore thought it wise to let him go first.

He put on the safety robe and mask as instructed by the nurse and followed her on the path that led to his true life.

It had been such a long time since he had last seen her and destiny seemed to be playing with his emotions then. He had been dying to meet her, see her all this while and when the time finally came, he saw only a part of Niti. Just her body lying there in front of him. He missed his real Niti who would never stay without giving him a tight hug once he came in front of her. He saw her there lying lifeless for the first time since he had known her. For what he knew of Niti, she had always been the bubbly and chirpy girl spreading love, happiness and positivity all the time. He had seen her sleep peacefully as well a several times, but never did she seem so dull even in her sleep. It hurt him really hard to see her in that condition which he blamed on himself. "Had I let my ego aside and surrendered to her wishes, she might not be lying here in this hospital room probably because then I would have been around to protect her."

He stepped forward and settled on a stool placed beside her bed. He took her hand in his and wept.

"I'm sorry Niti. I know I've been a jerk. I was so...so self consumed and selfish, I never thought about anyone else, not even you. I should have at least tried to make you understand my situation instead of shouting at you and letting these problems step in between us. Please wake up and give me a tight slap. But just don't be mad at me anymore. I don't want any more problems between us now. I want you like before and always."