Chapter 7

Recap: Parth feeling ashamed and guilty of being the reason for Niti's condition. He is hiding away from her parents for breaking the promise given to them of taking care of their daughter.

Just as Parth moved out and informed the doctors about Niti's full consciousness, her parents arrived and rushed to her room on being informed by the doctors.

After 3 days now, she had properly come to full consciousness and was able to interact. Her parents were feeling so rejoiced to finally see their daughter coming back. Everyone had been missing her and her bubbly and positive attitude and as soon as she started recovering better, the positivity came up automatically.

Ayaz and Niti's father went up to meet the doctor while her mom and the others stayed back in the room with her.

Doctor: Things are much better now. You need not worry too much. She is recovering faster than we had imagined. You just need to make sure that she does not go through any emotional trauma as the wounds on the head might hurt because of that.

Ayaz: Sure doctor.

Niti's dad: When can we take her home doctor?

Doctor: Day after tomorrow. We would observe her progress for another day and then you can take her home.

After leaving from the doctor's cabin, Niti's dad asked a question which got Ayaz nervous.

Niti's dad: Ayaz, I've been observing for a few days, Parth hasn't been visiting. I wanted to ask you earlier but thought maybe he must be busy somewhere. But now I feel like there's something else.

Ayaz: No uncle it's nothing of that sort. Come have a seat and I'll tell you all about it.

They settled down on a bench in a corner when Ayaz told him all about Parth and his insecurities.

Niti's dad: Can you ask him to come and meet me today itself?

Ayaz: Yes sure sir but I'm afraid he might not agree to.

Niti's dad: He has to! And it's your responsibility to get him to me ASAP.

Ayaz went up to the second floor where Parth had been sitting in the cafeteria to talk to him about it.

Parth: Why did you tell him about it Ayaz?

Ayaz: Parth he knew there was something wrong. If I wouldn't have told him, he would have assumed something else which might have gone against you. Now just go and meet him. He would be waiting outside Niti's room. I've promised him I would get you to him ASAP.

After a lot of convincing he finally agreed and moved towards the first floor where Niti's room was situated. He saw her dad sitting on a bench outside the room from a distance, with his head bent low. His footsteps slowed down and heartbeats increased as he saw him there.

As he slowly approached him, Niti's dad slowly lifted his head up, looked at him and gave him a smile. That reaction got Parth confused but he smiled back faintly to not seem too rude.

Niti's dad: Hello Parth! How have you been son?

The word "son" made him die of guilt in his heart. His face clearly showed how ashamed he was and Niti's dad wanting to make him comfortable, got up from the bench and moved forward.

Niti's dad: Come let's sit somewhere and have a little chat over a cup of coffee.

Parth: (confused) Sure. The canteen is upstairs.

They moved to the second floor towards the canteen in silence. Parth got two cups of hot coffee while Niti's dad waited on a table for him.

When Parth arrived with the coffee, he took one long sip of the hot coffee and let out a sigh.