Chapter 14

I was walking to Double Potions and I said to Lilly and Angelina,

“I’m seventeen, I don’t get why I'm still here.” They both looked at me weird and Lilly said

“Ellie, you’re here to learn.”

“Ya, I know, but I'm top off our class and I could easily get off fine on my own.” I said

“ELLIE! You’re not serious are you?” Angelina asked. I nodded and said

“I'm serious, I don’t belong here anyways.”

“Well, we are late for Potions.” Lilly commented.

“You guys are, I'm not.” I raced up to my dorm and left a note on Fred, George, and Lee’s beds. I explained that I was gone and that I would write as soon as I found somewhere to stay. Then, I took off on my Cleansweep 7 and started to think of where I would go.

“I could go to London, but that would be the first place people looked for me, if they look for me.” I thought aloud. “I could go home to my house and say classes ended early, I mean, my mom wasn’t that concerned with my schoolwork.” I shook my head no, because there would be too much tension there. I couldn’t think of anywhere. Well, I do have a ton of Muggle money, so I could get an apartment. Nah, that wouldn’t be my kind of place. Okay, I could buy a house. Nope, I don’t have enough money. Crap, what can I do? I flew out of London and landed in the nearest forest I could find. I climbed up into an elm tree and looked at the city from a distance. I tried to think of any Construction spells that I knew. I could build a tree house sort of thing. I remembered one and very soon, I had a beautiful tree house to live in. I put all sorts of Protection spells around it so nobody could see it.

So I was unpacking and setting up, and I left and put a charm on the door, just in case someone found it, so that no one could get in. I went to the store and bought a bunch of comforters, and a bunch of food. I brought it up to my new home and set up the comforters like a bed in the corner. I ate the bread and cereal (milk is included) that I bought at the market. I ate a little and went outside to watch the sunset behind the city in the distance. I sighed, it was all so beautiful, and I couldn’t have made a better choice as to where to place my new home. I hugged one of the branches and walked inside and lit a candle. I started to write a letter to everyone. Here it is

Dear Everyone,

I just want to tell you guys I have found somewhere to live, so don’t worry about me. Love you all and hope one day you can come over and see it.

Love, Ellie <3

I gave it to Amy, who had flown next to me when I left, and she flew off past the city and towards the school. I sat there, watching the candle burn, and I sat there for what felt like an eternity when I heard Amy flying in the window that I had accidently left open. It seems that in the letter, everyone wrote their own short messages.

Heyy,

WHY DID YOU LEAVE US HERE TO SUFFER, YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST TAKIN ME WITH YOU.

Cece

Whatup?

How are you doing? I wish you would come back.

Lilly

WHY?-Chrissy

Hi,

WHAT THE HELL! YOU COULD HAVE WARNED US!

Fred

Hey love,

Why didn’t you tell me? Where are you staying? Please tell me, it’s too quiet not hearing you laughter ringing around the school. Please, I need to be with you. What happened to you not going anywhere ever without me? Well, if this is what you want, I support you. But could you at least tell me where you are?

Love, George

Heyy,

I think it’s really cool that you’ve got your own place; I would love to come by and see it someday.

Lee

I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU LEFT SCHOOL WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! Well, have fun, and stay safe.

Hermione

Heyy,

I hate to break it to you but George is really upset you left without telling him, but he hopes you will come back and show him you’re new place, we all do.

Ginny

I smiled and wrote back

Dear Cece,

Sorry but that doesn’t mean you can just stop going to classes.

Dear Lilly,

I’m actually very happy where I am and there is no chance of me coming back. Sorry

Dear Fred,

You actually thought I was going to warn you about my leaving? That would be like telling someone you’re going to prank them before you do and expect them to let you! IT’S INSANE! Sorry, but it’s true.

Dear George,

I'm really sorry but I need to be here and I will probably drop by your guys’ house over the summer and I can show you my new home (It’s not much, a tree house that I used a Construction spell to build. Love you and hope you have a great rest of the year.

Dear Lee,

Thanks, and ya, I would love to have everyone come over, but since it’s a tree house pranks are a definite no, because they would probably set the place on fire, and I don’t need that. Sorry.

Dear Hermione,

Don’t worry, I'm fine here and I'm being very safe, I have thousands of Protection charms around the place and I'm having fun, but it’s kinda lonely here. I’ll get used to it.

Dear Ginny,

Don’t worry, I will bring you all over here one day, I just don’t know when.

Love you guys’ and see you soon (Hopefully),

Ellie

I gave the letter to Amy and watched her as she flew into the night, then I blew out my candle and fell into a dreamless sleep.