Chapter 13

I was lost in thought, constantly trying to think of what Dumbledore’s warning was supposed to mean. I sat in the common room til long after Fred and George went to bed. I looked at my phone, it was 3:30 in the morning, but I remained there. Then I heard footsteps, and saw Angelina running down the stairs, a terrified expression on her face. When she saw me, she sighed a sigh of relief.

“Oh my God, Ellie, we all thought you had left the school when you never came upstairs to go to bed.” I thought and then told her about Dumbledore’s warning, and we sat there for 5 more hours, trying to think of what it meant. Well, it was 8:30 now, so we got dressed and went down to breakfast.

We had breakfast and I went over to the Black Lake, I had my Cleansweep 7 on the ground next to me. I just stood there, with my hands in my pockets. I saw someone grab my Cleansweep, and I turned to see George smiling at me

“Nope, you’re not going anywhere.”

“C’mon, I have only two weeks until I turn 17, then I am allowed to use magic outside of school!”

“Yes, but what are you going to do for the next two weeks?” He asked me.

“Blend in, try not to make a scene, and be me.” I replied smiling. But this time he didn’t smile back.

“Ellie, I’ll say just what you told me when we were heading to my house. If you think you’re going anywhere without me, you’ve got another think coming.” This time he smiled.

“But, you don’t want to leave, I need to.” Before I could continue he said

“And why do you need to leave?” He asked his eyes searching mine, most likely looking for the answer but we are talking about George here, you never know.

“Because, someone always dies in the Tri-wizard Tournament, and I don’t think I would be able to handle more death.” I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I ran into the Forbidden Forest. I was leaning against a huge elm, when I heard a crack from behind me, and jumped into the tree. I climbed into the highest branch and looked around. I gasped. You could see EVERYTHING from up here. I saw George run into the Forest and I flipped out, if what I heard wasn’t him, then who made that noise? Well, I heard him yelling my name from the ground, and I looked down to see he was staring at me, ugh looks like my hideout was a fail, I can try again another time, maybe.

“What are you doing up there?” He asked me smiling.

I laughed and said

“HIDING!”

“Why are you hiding?”

“BECAUSE I'M SCARED!”

“And why are you scared?”

“Because people are creepers.”

He looked confused then yelled.

“COME DOWN HERE, I HAVE TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING!”

“NEVER!” I shouted.

He laughed really hard than said

“DON’T MAKE ME COME UP THERE!”

Then I said,

“YOU DON’T HAVE THE GUTS TO COME UP THIS HIGH!”

“WHAT’S THIS I HEAR? IS IT A CHALLENGE?”

I smiled to myself and chuckled a little. Chuckle, Chuckle. Then I said,

“I DON’T KNOW. THAT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU THINK A CHALLENGE IS.”

And before you knew it, George was climbing up and sat down next to me on the tree. And he reached into one of his pockets, and pulled out something in a box.

“I was going to give this to you for our first month anniversary but then I forgot, and I was going to give it to you for Christmas, but when Percy came there was too much tension, THEN I was just going to give it to you as a gift, but I kept forgetting, so I'm giving it to you now before something happens and I can’t.” he admitted. I smiled and laughed. I kissed him and when I pulled away he looked at me funny,

“That was for good measure.” I said. He laughed. Well, he gave me the box, I opened it and gasped (I’ve been doing a lot of that lately); It was a golden heart locket that had little rubies all over it.

“Open it up.” He told me.

When I did I smiled. It was a picture of George and I laughing and dancing at the Yule Ball. We were laughing because we weren’t really the best dancers ever. I kissed him again, but this time George kissed back, mainly because, this time, he was ready. After a few hours, we came down.

I didn’t really want that day end either. I’ve been having a lot of days like that. But I never complained because I would rather live a life where I never wanted the day to end than live one where I want to die.

I cringed at that thought, all the memories. George must have noticed because his grip on my hand tightened and I knew that I would never again have to worry myself with memories of the past, so now I could look forward to the future, and I would finally be able to embrace it with open arms. I was finally happy, and I mean, ACTUALLY happy! It was good to know that I didn’t have any worries to think about anymore. Thought sometimes I worried about George leaving me, but then I would see him smile at me and I wouldn’t have to worry about anymore. But, was my life completely safe, or did I have something else to worry about?