14

"You can crash with me if you want, it isn't safe for you to go home yet." Diane said, turning out of the police station.

"I-i have somewhere I'm staying anyway." I sighed through my tears.

"You tell me where and I'll get you there safely." She said. After silence, a moment after, she looked over at me, with a sympathetic smile on her face. Itnwad the first time she didn't look like a serious police officer. "Paisley, you don't have to be afraid anymore. Your parents will be taken into our office to give their statements, go to court, and then most likely, will end up behind bars."

"I just can't believe a-all this." I cried.

"You should have told us sooner that you were abused, your parents would never have been able to hurt you again." She explained.

"I-i was just too scared. He threatened me into thinking t-that I couldn't say anything." I said.

"Shh-" she pulled over the car.

She paused and watched me for a moment before wrapping her arms around me... Like a mother.

"I'm so, so, sorry Paisley. There will be justice for what has been done to you." She whispered.

"C-can I just go home?" I asked.

"Of course." She put the car back into drive and drove me back to Asher's house.

***

I opened the door to the house and it creeked really loud. I figured I was heard. I had been gone at the police station for 4 hours, pouring my heart out to detective Larson. Diane. She was going to make my life change forever. I couldn't believe that this was it. That my mom could never call me a bitch, or ugly anymore. That my dad couldn't touch me. Couldn't hit me. Couldn't hurt me. And Jonny. Knowing that someone I've known my whole life, doesn't even have my blood, its crazy. Unbelievable. Yet somehow it seemed like I knew something wasn't right deep down.

"Paisley!?" I heard a loud voice, shaking me form my thoughts, spooking me.

I looked up, still crying, at Asher who was standing a few good feet away.

"Paisley, I've been sick worr-" he paused. "Paisley?"

He saw my pain and turned down his volume.

"Paisley, what's the matter?"

"Its over." I choked out.

"Over?" He asked,"what?"

"The police are going to pick up my parents." I said.

He stared blankly, touching my injury, before taking my hand and leading me to his room.

We sat down together at the foot of his bed.

"Tell me what's going on." He said calmly, for me.

I told him everything that happened. The club, the detective, the files, my confession.

"Paisley-" he laughed. "This is amazing."

I looked down at my hands and couldnt hold a tear in.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because, Asher. Jonny's entire life has been a lie. He was forced to live the life I lived, and it wasn't even supposed to be his life. They took him from his family. He's not my brother. He won't even get to know the truth." I said as he pulled me into him.

"Why am I always alone?" I shook.

"You're not alone Pais. He loves you. He is still your brother. And I love you too. You're not alone." He said.