17

Disclaimer: From here on I am switching POV to 3rd person, just so you're aware.
***

Some things come unexpected.

One hour had passed since Asher had left.

Paisley was nervous, with a twisting feeling in her stomach, concerned for him. A feeling so wrong that she just tried to ingnore it because it made no sense.

She'd just gotten back in Asher's bed, which still smelled like him. She couldn't sleep.

She laid, staring at the ceiling, allowing her emotions to swirl like a coming storm in her chest. She gave in and grabbed her cell phone.

His phone went to voicemail.

"Asher, come home, I'm worried." She spoke and hit end.

At this point, she'd bitten most of her fingernails too short.

A voice in her head finally told her to sleep, like she was going to need it, and so she did. Even if only for a few dreamless hours.

When she woke up he wasn't there.

She got up.

His mother wasn't home either.

From what shed assumed, he never came home, she would have felt him get into bed with her, he would have woken her up.

She felt bile rise up her throat. Panic settled in.

Maybe they'd left her.

He wouldn't do that.

He loves her.

She took a shower and got dressed.

The shower kind of helped her. It calmed her tense muscles. Her brain relaxed a little, telling her that there had to he a reasonable explanation for what was going on. One thing Paisley knew was that she hated being alone. She felt vulnerable, like someone could take her away any second.

She decided to go to the hospital to visit Jonny.

She had to walk because she didn't have Asher to drive her there.

When she went into the hospital, she wasn't expecting Asher's mom to be there.
****

She didn't even recognize herself in the mirror. Nor could she recognize Eve. But she felt her pain.

Eve had curled her hair, and was gently twisting it into a half up do.

They'd both been dressed in black dresses. Their faces pale, and eyes red.

Paisley was numb. She couldn't feel anymore. She didn't feel the tears streaming down her cheeks, or the razor on her wrist that Eve hid with the sleeves of Paisley's  long sleeved dress. She didn't feel the cold or the hot. She didn't feel the temperature of the water in the shower, she couldn't taste her food, or feel her feet on the ground.

Eventually Eve gave up and let Paisley's hair down onto her shoulders like she always wore it. She didn't even feel her face as Eve painted makeup onto it. Everything was a blur.

And that was only the beginning.

It had been 3 days. For three days, Paisley screamed. She tore apart Emily's old bedroom. She clawed at her own skin with her fingernails that she didn't bite off anymore. She refused to leave the house, or even leave Asher's bedroom. His smell was fading too fast.