Chapter 4

"What do you want, Chloe?" Adrien asked, annoyed. Out of all times he can spare a few seconds to talk to her, now wasn't it. "I saw Marinette talking to something in your school bag. I'm just wondering, what's so interesting about textbooks?" Chloe asked, sneering at Marinette ahead of her. "Uh, she was wondering if I had her history textbook since she lost hers," Adrien lied. Marinette could hear him from where she was, and facepalmed. If Chloe decided to check in his bag and find Tikki and Plagg, it's game over.
"Hmm," Chloe narrowed her eyes at him. "Sabrina, do you believe him?"
"Ummm," Sabrina hesitated. Please say yes, please say yes, Marinette thought hopefully. When Sabrina wouldn't answer, Chloe sighed. "Adriekins, we've been friends since childhood, I know you wouldn't lie to me. Unless you were forced to," she glared accusingly at Marinette. "What's she making you hide?"
"She didn't make me hide anything!" Adrien protested. "What are you telling him not to tell me?" Chloe yelled at Marinette. "What?" Marinette replied, confused. "I just wanted to check if he still had what I gave to him for safekeeping," Marinette replied. It was a half lie, but it was still true. "Then you won't mind me checking his bag for what it is," Chloe said. Marinette's mind screamed, Tikki and Plagg, oh no!!! As Adrien let Chloe open his bag, tiny beads of sweat trickled down his neck. This wasn't going to be good. He was ready to face a question-firing Chloe about moving, magic dolls in his bag when she just gave him a confused look. "You were actually talking to textbooks?" she laughed. "You're lamer than I thought." Wait, Tikki and Plagg weren't in there? Not good, they had to find the kwamis. But Chloe would find that suspicious. They were about to just abruptly leave anyway when two voices drew Chloe's attention away.
"Did you hear that the rival artist to Jagged Stone is going to be at the Eiffel Tower?" the girl in a couple that was passing by asked. "Yea, heard he was signing autographs, too," the guy laughed. "Wait, XY is at the tower?" Chloe and Sabrina walked briskly after the couple. "That's our cue to skeddadle!" Marinette grabbed his arm and took off to the Guardian's office.

*•*•*

They were in the lobby of the Guardian's office building by now. "Now that we're away from her, we can discuss what matters. Where did Plagg and Tikki go?" Adrien checked through his school bag. "They weren't in the bag when she checked?" Marinette raised an eyebrow. "Of course not, why else hasn't Chloe pointed anything out about them?" Adrien started getting frantic in a quiet voice. After all, there were people around. "Dude, I appreciate you worrying about me, but I'm right here!" Plagg's voice called out in a hushed voice. "Where?" Adrien asked. "In your over-shirt, where else?" Plagg peeked his head out. "Tikki's here too, but she's kind of stuck, since she flew too far towards the small spot. Told you your over-shirt was getting tight."
"I'll wear hoodies more often then," Adrien sighed. "Thanks, but can you take off this outer layer?" Tikki called quietly. "How did you get out of the bag?" Marinette asked. "Kwamis can phase through solids, remember?" Tikki asked. "Then why can't you phase through his shirt?" Marinette questioned. "There are people around, right? I'm not going to pop out and get caught by some person!" Tikki replied. "Adrien, just take that over-shirt off, you can cover both of us underneath while heading towards the Guardian's office," hissed Plagg. "Ugh fine," Adrien took off his over-shirt to reveal a black Tshirt with small yellow stripes across the bottom. "I feel so exposed now," he draped the shirt over his arm in a way that Tikki and Plagg could hide underneath. "But you look cute in a Tshirt," Marinette muttered softly. "I'm sorry, what was that?" he leaned closer to her and wiggled his eyebrows. "You heard me the first time," she huffed, shoving his face away playfully.

The Guardian appeared to be meditating when they opened the door. "Hello?" Marinette called in. He didn't look up. A small green kwami flew out from the drawer and over to the Guardian. "Master Fu! Ladybug and Chat Noir are here!" the green kwami said. The Guardian finally looked up. "Hello Ladybug, Chat Noir."
"How many titles do you have?" Adrien blurted out. Marinette stared blankly at him. Is he serious right now? "I have many titles. Great Guardian, Master Fu. Each world has their own name for me," the Guardian replied. "Anyway, I have great news. There may be a weapon to defeat Hawkmoth, and rescue Nooroo."
"Who's Nooroo?" Marinette asked. "The butterfly kwami. Or Hawkmoth's kwami," replied Tikki, flying out from underneath Adrien's light shirt. "Hi Wayzz."
"Nice to see you again, Tikki," Wayzz smiled and zipped over to them. Plagg grumbled and flew out of hiding. "Okay. So, what is this weapon you speak of?" Adrien brought them back on topic. "It's a gauntlet," the Guardian answered casually. "And not just any gauntlet. It's from the world of Camelot. The gauntlet can reveal one's biggest weakness. You can use it to find Hawkmoth's weakness, and find a way to use it against him."
"Cool. Where do we find this gauntlet?" Marinette asked. "In Tibet," Wayzz said. "Tibet, Tibet," Adrien scratched his head. "I remember not liking Tibet for some reason."
"Maybe becuase that's where your mother disappeared?" the Guardian offered. Adrien stiffened. "That's where she disappeared to?"
"That's what Gabriel told me, the last time I saw him," the Guardian replied. "Hawkmoth was threatening the family, and according to Gabriel, your mother wanted to stop him by finding his weakness. She sought the gauntlet in Tibet, and as of then, no one ever heard from her again. It's like, she completely vanished." That gave Adrien an uneasy mind. "Why would Hawkmoth threaten my family?"
"That, I do not know," he replied. Marinette patted Adrien's shoulder. "But how can we just get away to get to Tibet? It's not like our families can just dismiss and let us go," she pointed out. "Lucky for you, isn't spring break coming?" Plagg guessed. "Oh yea," Adrien nodded. "Asking my family is no problem. I already ran out on my dad, I can surely do that again heading to Tibet."
"And I have no idea how to convince my parents to let me go," Marinette sighed. "You'll think of something," encouraged Tikki. "Didn't think you were rebellious," Plagg said. "Didn't think you were nice enough to share cheese," she shot back. Adrien gasped. "Plagg! You shared some cheese with Tikki? She must really mean something to you!"
"Speak for yourself, being head over heels for Marinette/Ladybug," Plagg stuck out his tongue. Tikki blushed, but it was hard to tell since she was already red. "Anyway!" It was Marinette's turn to get them back on track. "So, Tibet, find gauntlet, use it on Hawkmoth, take him down, go home?"
"That sounds good," Adrien said wistfully. "It won't be that simple—" the Guardian started, but Wayzz cut him off. "Master, it would be useless trying to warn them. They will have plenty more questions that will keep them here for eternity!" Wayzz whispered in his ear. "You speak wisely," the Guardian grumbled. "I hope it does pull off."
"What won't be simple?" Plagg asked. The Guardian sighed. "Getting the gauntlet. It's hidden in Tibet, it's not guarded by anyone we know." Marinette raised an eyebrow. "Okay, got it," she looked at the clock. "And I still have that worksheet to finish," she groaned. Adrien held the door open for her. "M'lady," he bowed. Marinette blushed lightly, smirking and headed out. Adrien waved the Guardian goodbye before following her out the door, Tikki and Plagg zipping back underneath his white shirt.

*•*•*

In the evening, long after Adrien and Marinette left, Master Fu got back to meditating. Although, he was rudely interrupted by someone bursting into the office. "We need to talk," the man walked in and sat down. "Long time no see, Gabriel Agreste," he opened his eyes. "Why does my son have a kwami?" Gabriel demanded. "Keep your voice down," shushed Master Fu. "It was his destiny to hold one, and his destiny he meets."
"That's what you said about my wife, and look what happened."
"I do not control destiny. She disappeared, yes, but that is not her end. She is still out there."
"She-she is?" Gabriel gasped, sitting down in surprise. "I still feel her connected to the peacock miraculous, so there's still hope that she is well," Master Fu nodded. Gabriel sat there in disbelief, as the spark of hope inside him reignited. "You're alive," he said softly to himself. "You're alive."
------------------------------------
Oh dear, I hope this chapter isn't too bad (okay, it is to me, but I can't speak for you)! Anyway, comment feedback? I'd love to see how you guys think of this story so far! By the way, let me clear this up, I love Gabriel way too much to put him as a bad guy too long. I know some people have theories of him bei Hawkmoth, and personally, I don't want that. Adrien deserves a loving father💜
-Nhi/Kat🌴💥