Chapter 9

A blissful walk in the city was all the two heroes of Paris needed. They had a good time exploring the shops, though Adrien kept darting his eyes around, as if he were looking for someone. "Looking for your mom?" Marinette asked him. "I keep hoping she's around here somewhere, but," he sighed, "keeping hopes up is hard when the place happens to be one of the biggest, and considered off limits places on the planet."
"I won't guarantee that we'll find her. But I promise that we will try our best," she tried to cheer him up. He smiled weakly at her, appreciating her attempt. "Thanks."

They walked into a restaurant for lunch break. "Table for two, please," Adrien said to the waitress. She led them to a table across from four people with their heads behind the menu."I'll be back to take your order," the waitress walked away. "What are you going to order?" Marinette asked. Adrien didn't really pay attention. His interest was caught by the convernsation the people hidden behind menus across from them were having.

"Where can we find it?" a male voice asked. "I hear this place has many tricky hiding spots."
"Why does it have to be a Miraculous holder," a second voice complained. "Taking those things off are death wish worthy."
"Which is why we need that thing. I forgot what it's called. Something of Camelot," the third person spoke up. "The gauntlet of Camelot," the fourth voice added. "I have an idea of where it is, but surely they aren't stupid enough to just display it where anyone can take it," the male voice added. "Where?" the other three voices asked in unison. "In the-"

"Adrien!" Marinette's voice took his attention away from them. "Do you have your order ready?" She gestured to the waitress standing by them. "Oh, I'll have some California rolls and French fries," he said. After Marinette said her order, she turned to him and asked, "What's going on?" in a hushed tone. "Those people across from us," he pointed at them. "They're looking for the gauntlet too."
"Why would they need that?" Marinette questioned, side-eyeing them. "They said they were taking down a Miraculous holder," he replied, shrugging. "So, they're after Hawkmoth too?" Marinette raised an eyebrow. Adrien shrugged again. "I guess so."
"But we still need to try to find the gauntlet first. Just in case," she pointed out. Their food arrived shortly, and they ate in silence, or rather, deep in thought. They hadn't even gotten a good look at the people across from them, yet the four had seemingly disappeared.

*•*•*

When the two of them walked into the hotel room, Tikki and Plagg zipped towards them. "We have an idea on where the gauntlet might be!" they exclaimed together. "Where?" Marinette and Adrien asked at the same time. The kwamis tugged along a flyer and put it on the nearest table. Marinette read it over. "Opening this afternoon! We can go!" she exclaimed. Adrien nodded. "Let's hope we find it before those people do."

*•*•*

Afternoon came, and Marinette and Adrien were waiting for the grand opening of the 'magic items' exhibit. The kwamis stayed at the hotel, again. When the ribbon was cut, the people there poured in like an overflowing sink. "There are some pretty cool stuff here though," Marinette tried to pull out a sword in a stone. It didn't budge. "Excalibur," Adrien read the engraved words in the stones. "If it's real, it would explain why I can't pull the thing out," she got down from the rock. "Hey, look," Adrien nudged her and pointed to a hallway. "No one ever checks the small parts. If the gauntlet doesn't want that much attention, it's most likely going to be in there."
"Awesome! Let's go," Marinette gave a few claps and followed him.

Indeed, the object here were glowing, as if they were truly magical. "You don't think this is actually pixie dust, right?" Marinette pointed to a vial of glowing dust. "No idea, but let's not test it, in case it happens to be something much more dangerous," Adrien suggested. "But do you think it's in here?" He ran towards a door in the very back of the hallway. "One way to find out," Marinette looked at the lock. "I hope you know how to pick a lock."
"Unfortunately, this isn't a pickable lock. It looks like it needs something of the shape pressed into it," he pointed out. "Dammit," she hissed. They turned around and were about to leave when four people walked past them and stood where they had been a while ago. "Rin, you think you can open this?" one of them asked. "Of course," the male voice answered. Adrien turned around fast enough to see the door swing open. "Come on!" he grabbed Marinette's wrist and pulled had back to the door. After the four people walked in, the door started to close on its own. The two of them barely made it inside when the door shut completely.

The four people whipped their heads around to see the two newcomers. The only male with them had bright orange eyes, like the sunset, and freckles dotting part of his nose. A scar ran from below his left eye to his cheek. He wore a simple outfit; blue hoodie and jeans with converse shoes. Except, his shoes had two slits on the side of each shoe.
The girl standing next to him was the shortest one out of the four of them. She had brunette hair and coffee colored eyes behind her red glasses. Her skin was pretty pale, but not enough to be a vampire. Her outfit consisted of a Camp Half-Blood Tshirt and leggings. She gave them a quizzical look; as if deciding whether she should spare their life or not.
Next to her stood a girl with dark brown hair, that became lighter by the tips. Her eyes were chocolate brown, and her choice of clothing was dark. The look she gave them was not really quizzical, but more defensive, as if to say, "I'm not afraid to kill you if you get in my way."
The last one looked strangely more different than the rest. Sort of as if her features weren't natural, but Adrien got a feeling that they were. Her eyes were violet purple, and her hair was obsidian black, with blue and violet tips, though he had no idea if they were dyed or not. She wore a black t-shirt with the words "Stay Alive" embroidered on it, and black jeggings. She glared at them with a look that even he couldn't read.
"Who are you?" the shortest one demanded. "Someone who needs the same thing you do," Adrien answered. "I overheard you in the restaurant, and sorry to say, we need that gauntlet too."
"Well if that's what you want," the violet eyed girl waved a hand. A gauntlet shot out and flew into her hand, "then you're going to have to fight is for it."
"Okay," Marinette challenged. "Marinette, we don't have our kwamis with us," Adrien warned. "Did someone call?" Plagg flew through the door. Tikki flew after him. "You were saying?" Marinette smirked. Adrien rolled his eyes. "If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get." Their transformation sequence began, and when they were Ladybug and Chat Noir, the four apponents smirked. "I always like a challenge," the dark brown haired girl picked up a bow and quiver fill of arrows. The slits on the guy's shoes opened to reveal wings. "Let's play!"

"We just need to get that gauntlet, and we can leave," Chat Noir hissed to his partner. "Got it," Ladybug swung her yoyo towards the one who held the gauntlet. She, however, was faster. She knocked the yoyo away with a small blast of magic. "Oh yea, no one's going anywhere." A wave of magic shot around the room, forming a barrier, keeping them in. "What the-" Ladybug gasped. "Who are these people?"
Chat Noir was busy dodging arrows that the dark brown haired girl was firing.  She had pretty good aim; they barely missed him by a millimeter. He knocked over the girl with the gauntlet, making her drop it. He reached to pick it up when the guy with the scar flew past him and snatched it. "Still want to put up a fight, kitty?" the short one growled. Ladybug had been immobilized by something called squid ink. There was no way Chat would take on all four of them. "We just want to find the weakness of someone who's been creating villains to terrorize the city of Paris," he told them. The violet eyed girl raised an eyebrow. "Does he happen to call himself Hawkmoth or the Papillion?"
"As a matter of fact, yes," Chat Noir replied. "That who we were sent to defeat. A prophecy said that he would seek power and take over the cities one at a time," the guy with the flying shoes stated. "First off, mind telling me your names? I hate to address you as your features," Chat Noir asked. "Touché," the violet eyed girl unfroze Ladybug. "I'm Katsina."
"Rin," the guy flashed a peace sign. "Sofia," the short one said. "And I'm Lindsey," the one holding the bow and quiver nodded. Chat Noir turned back into his human form. "I'm Adrien, and that is Marinette when she isn't Ladybug," he pointed to her. Marinette was back into her human clothes. "I thought we were supposed to keep identities a secret."
"From the people of Paris, not from people who could possibly help us," he corrected. She rolled her eyes and turned back to the four of them. "But we still need to know who or what you are. Last I checked, normal people can't open just any lock, use magic, have way too good aim, and seem to have everything planned out in 0.3 seconds," Marinette pointed out. The one known as Katsina nodded. "Fair enough. So," she paused before saying the rest, "how much do you know about Greek Mythology?"
---------------------------
Intro chapter for new characters ayeeee :) anyway *cough* they found the gauntlet! Now they can defeat Hawkmoth and live happily ever after!

I hope you noticed the sarcasm.

After all, all magic comes with a price...

But hey, new characters! I hope you'll like what I have planned❣please leave feedback and share this story xx
-Nhi/Kat🌴💥