Fighter

Danny’s POV

I had been mulling over this decision for a long time but had finally made up my mind. I was going to adopt a child, I know my drinking and partying had to stop but I was prepared for that, I felt ready for this responsibility. I had almost been a father once before, so now I was going to give a child a better life.

The guys were waiting for me downstairs, they had decided to come and help me choose who to adopt. I thought it was a good idea since they are with me most of the time, they would be like this child’s uncles. We all piled into the car and drove to the care home, I had been speaking to the carers there for the past couple of weeks just trying to get to know what kind of kids lived there. The main carer Diane had informed me that most children had lived there for most of their lives. I don’t know how someone could just leave their child like that, I know I couldn’t.

Ben’s POV

I looked over to Danny he was in the passenger seat while I was driving, Sam, Cameron and James were in the back. He looked so nervous, his hands couldn’t keep still. He noticed me looking and gave a weak smile.

“It will all be fine.” I said.

Danny didn’t look convinced but he didn’t have time to back out because we were already here.

A woman came out to greet us, as we got of the car.

“Welcome to the Hollow Tree Care Home, I’m Diane.” The woman, Diane introduced herself. “I’m Danny,” Danny pointed to himself and then went around the group pointing to each of us. “This Ben, James, Sam and Cameron.” We all gave waves or nods.

“Well why don’t we go for a chat in my office before I introduce you to some of the children.” We all nodded and followed in after her.

Danny’s POV

This place seemed pretty nice, there were a lot of kids running about, the house seemed big but homely, a few of the children were under 10 but most seemed about 16 or 17. Diane led the way into her office in the back, the room was filled book and a big filing cabinet in the corner. We all sat down on the sofa and armchairs, Diane sat down with a few files she pulled from the cabinet.

“So Danny, what sort of child are you looking for, a boy? A girl? What age?” Diane asked me. After a few seconds of thinking I replied. “Well I don’t care whether it’s a boy or girl but I would like a teenager probably around 15 years old. As to the first question I don’t really know what I’m meant to look for, I guess when I know, I’ll know.”

“Well we certainly have kids around the age you are looking for take a look at some of these files, I think one of these might suit.” She had the files to me and I started flicking through the first were some boys they were either 15 or 16. They didn’t seem might type of person though, they were all into sports or were academic.

“Hey Danny take a look at this one.” Ben said. He passed me a file, I took a look inside. It was a girl named Silence Anderson, she was 14. The file said she had lived here her whole life and that she had been left with her twin sister Siren. This girl seemed perfect her file said she suffered from depression but had recently overcome an eating disorder, this girl was a fighter. I smiled having made my decision.

I passed the file back to Diane, “I want to meet her.” Diane smiled. “Good choice, follow me.”

 The guys and I followed her into the kitchen and over to a girl in the corner.

“Silence.” Diane said to get her attention. The girl looked up and it was indeed the one from the picture, Silence.

Silence’s POV

I had just been sitting in the corner of the kitchen, reading and waiting for Siren to wake up when I heard my name being called. I looked up and saw Diane behind her were 5 other guys. I recognised them immediately. It was the guys from Asking Alexandria. “Holy motherfuckin’ god” was all I could say. Diane looked far from pleased at my outburst of expletives but Danny laughed and the others joined in.

“I take it you know who we are then?” James said. I could only nod, I was fangirling so badly inside but was trying to act normal. Why were they here?

“Silence would you like to come to my office for a second.” Diane said. I just nodded again. We went to her office I sat in front of AA and Diane sat beside me.

“So Silence, Danny here is looking to adopt a child and it seems that you have caught his eye” Diane nodded towards Danny who was now smiling and waiting for my reply. I was happy but all I could think about was “What about Siren?” Danny looked slightly confused as did the other guys.

Diane looked at me with an aggravated expression, “Now Silence,” she started, I knew this wasn’t going to be good. “I understand that you and your sister are very close but she is a bad influence on you and you have the opportunity for a new, happy life with Danny and his friends. Your sister is a troublemaker and you know she has her own problems to deal with before she is adoption material.” I just sat there shaking my head, no they couldn’t make me do this, I wasn’t going to leave her, I needed her. Tears started falling, Danny, Ben, Sam, Cameron and James all looked worried. “NO!” I cried. “You cant make me leave her, I need her.” And with that I ran out of the room and back to Siren.

James’ POV

Silence ran out of the room with tears down her face, she was so scared at the prospect of leaving her sister it was touching but it put Danny in a difficult position. Danny started questioning Diane about Siren but all Diane said was “Trust me, you do not want to adopt Siren, she is a troublemaker, she does drugs, drinks, parties, she has insomnia, depression and she has been n so may fights that I have lost count, last year she was almost charged with GBH until somehow the charges were dropped. She will ruin her sister.” Siren did sound like a handful. “There cant be any harm in meeting her.” Danny said, Diane sighed but led us out of the room and up to the girls.

Siren’s POV

I was woken up by the sound of sobbing. I scooted up in bed just in time to see Silence run in hysterical. She ran into my arms and continued crying. I pulled her onto my lap, started stroking her hair and humming; I knew it calmed her down. Slowly her tears subsided, “Do you want to tell me what’s wrong?” I asked. She nodded and told me everything, how Asking Alexandria was here and that they wanted to adopt her but not me and that she ran away crying because she doesn’t want to leave me.

I took her face in my hands, took a deep breath and started the words I knew were going to kill her and me. “You need to go with them, you need to start a new life for yourself, you are strong enough to stand on your own to feet now, I’m just holding you back.” Silence tried to disagree but I stopped her. “No,” I said my voice becoming more forceful so that it wouldn’t crack. “I need you to do this for me, I need you to go and live the life that you deserve, I can still visit, I’m not leaving you. You’re leaving me. You deserve to have a family.” Silence interrupted me “But I have you.” She said.

I looked away, “I’m not enough, you need to be loved and cared for in ways that I can never provide, you need a parent not a sister or a friend. I cant come with you, they don’t want me, I’ll just mess it up anyway.” Like always, I thought to myself. I looked back at Silence she looked so sad and lost. “Smile,” I said to her, “You never know, right this second someone could be falling in love with you smile… I know Hunter did.” The mention of her boyfriend brought a sparkle to her eye.

I heard a creak and my head snapped round. Standing in the door were Asking Alexandria.

Hope you like this, feel free to comment as well I love feed back xxxx