Chapter 1: Bad Leads to Good

Rachel's POV:

I was currently face timing my boyfriend Drew. He was so perfect, and he's mine and has been for almost 7 months now. I was almost 100 percent positive that I loved this boy. He always told me I was beautiful, although he was perfect too with his muscles and nice face, he made me feel special, and most importantly he could ask like my best friend as well as my boyfriend. My house phone started to ring and the caller ID said Sam so I told him to hold on while I picked up the phone.

Phone Conversation:

Sam- "OMG RACHEL START PACKING GIRL."

Rachel- "what, why? Shouldn't you be packing for your People to People thing in Australia?"

Sam- "YES, AND SO SHOULD YOU! Someone dropped out last minute and since you're first on the waiting list and you already paid you're going!" She practically screamed this into my ear, I hope I don't go deaf.

Rachel- "WHAT OH MY GOD? WHEN ARE WE LEAVING?"

Sam- "Tomorrow morning, do your parents know?"

My mom started shouting at me to tell me it was time for dinner. I simply yelled back "MOM I LEAVE FORE PEOPLE TO PEOPLE TOMORROW MORNING I NEED MONEY OKAY KAY." She yelled back at me to tell me it was okay with her.

Rachel- "I'm back, I CAN GO. Wait, I was talking to Drew, I'll text you in a little bit. Bye."

Sam- "Ooooooh, don't forget condom sense, okay okay bye have fun with Drew."

End of phone conversation.

I look back to see a confused look on Drew's face. I began to break the news to him.

Drew's POV

Rachel began telling me how she was going to be in Australia for this school thing. I know it's good for her, I mean this is a great opportunity but if she goes she'll be gone for a trimester (three months.) THAT IS WAY TOO LONG, I WON'T BE ABLE TO HUG HER OR KISS HER, OR CUDDLE WITH HER. I'll miss her so much. Maybe we should just take a break for now. I don't want to have to worry about her, but then again I can't live without her, she's my best friend. This was all I could think about until something interrupted my thoughts.

It was Rachel saying "Drew, hello? Earth to Drew."

I replied "Oh, I'm here."

Rachel says "Well that was weird, so what do you think?"

I was momentarily confused "Think about what?"

She replied to me "Me going? I said I would only go if you're okay with it."

All I told her was "Listen, can we talk about this in person. I'll pick you up for fro-yo in 15 minutes?"

She seemed worried but still managed to say "okay, I'll see you then. Bye."

I said "bye."

That was the end of that. Now to go to her house.

It has been exactly 15 minutes since I told her I was coming, I hope she's ready. Just as I was about to text her she came out of the door dressed casually in a white crop top, black high waisted shorts, a pair of sandals, and a head band. She was perfect in every way. I don't think she has a bad side. She climbed up into my truck and we drove to Orange Grove. We got out of the car, and of course I was a gentleman and opened the door for us. She got vanilla with a lot of fruit toppings. She was healthy yet could eat a lot, that's just another thing I liked about her. I just got a vanilla with some of every topping. What can I say I am a toppings kind of guy. After I paid we sat down. We were both silent, which if you knew us was not normal.

I broke the silence and said "Look, Rachel we need to talk. About us."

Rachels POV:

Oh great he wanted to talk. I think everything's fine. It's all going to be okay right? I kept thinking about different scenarios, all the outcomes. All I have to say is I wish I could leave and avoid whatever it is that he's about to say. I can't lose my bestfriend.