Chapter 1

Hey guys, I wrote the first three chapters of this AGES ago, and thought I'd put them up and see what you think, so let me know :)

______________________________________________________________

**Allie's POV**

"ALISSA! TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN!"

I ignore my mum and keep flicking through my magazine with my wand. Eucalypt with billywig sting. Eleven inches.

"ALISSA!" Mum slams my door open. I glance up from the magazine, trying to look innocent.

"Yes?" I ask sweetly. She points her wand at my stereo and the music stops.

"Hey!" I protest. She holds up one finger and glares at me warningly. I sigh, but keep silent.

“I've gotten a reply from Albus," she says, "he says he'd be delighted to take you."

"Mum," I groan, "I don't need any more education!"

"The Ministry says otherwise," Mum interrupts, "and as you've been expelled from every school here... Well, you're lucky they haven't destroyed your wand and made you live as a muggle!"

"As if they could," I mutter, turning back to my magazine.

"Term starts in three days."

"What?" I cry, turning to face her again, "it's halfway through the year!"

"Their school year is different from ours," Mum says, "so, pack your things. We need to get your books. We're leaving tonight."

"Mum!" I call as she leaves, "wait a minute!"

But she doesn't. I groan and face plant into my bed.

"Leaving, huh?" my older brother, Toby asks, walking in. He smells like cows and horses. I'll miss that smell.

"I'm of age!" I cry, sitting up, "I shouldn't need to go to school!"

"You can use magic outside of school, you're not legally an adult yet," he points out, "besides, you get to travel! I'll be stuck on this farm until I die."

"I wish I could stay," I mumble, "what's in Britain? Rain, rain and more rain!"

Toby laughs at me.

"And what's here? Sun, sun and more sun! At least it's a change of scene."

I frown at him.

"I bet there won't be any cute guys there."

**Fred's POV**

"George! Catch!" I yell throwing my trunk on board. George catches it and throws it into the compartment. I get ready to race the train.

"Fred, just get on!" Mum groans, "we don't need to go through this every time!"

The train begins to move slowly. Wait for it...

"Three!" George yells.

"Two!" Lee calls.

"ONE!" I laugh as the train picks up speed. I start sprinting along the side. Students are leaning out the windows, laughing and cheering. I reach out and my fingers catch the doorframe, then I feel my feet fly out from under me and I fall.

"Gotcha!" George yells, seizing my wrist and dragging me in, "this doesn't count as a win, by the way."

I laugh and look down at my left hand. The fingers are cut and bleeding. I pull out my wand and jab them. The bleeding becomes worse.

"Hmm," I say, "that's not good."

George hands me his handkerchief and I wrap it tightly around my fingers.

"You don't mind me getting blood all over your handkerchief?"

"Nah, it's yours," he shrugs. We head into our compartment and sit down.

"So, it's three to me," George says, "two for Fred and none for Lee!"

Lee rolls his eyes at us.

“It’s a stupid game anyway,” he replies.

"Only stupid because you're loos- Hello," I grin as a tall, red-haired girl opens the door. She rolls her eyes.

"Are there ever any free compartments on this train?" she asks moodily.

"Uh, no, but there's plenty of room in here," I offer. She gives me a once over and shakes her head.

"I'm all good," she says, walking off.

"I've never seen her before," Lee says, peering after her, "she doesn't sound British."

"Transfer student," I smirk, "she'll need someone to show her around."

"You didn't pick up the disinterest, did you?" George asks, leaning against the window. I smooth my hair back and grin at him.

"Nobody can resist this face."