Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Alex’s POV

“Hurry up babe, Phoenix will be waiting for us,” Riley whined throwing random items into my suitcase.

“Riley man, just fucking stop, I know for a fact that Phoenix will still be in bed,” I yelled the first part throwing the random beach items out of my bag like a sombrero and a blow up thong (flip-flop).

“Prove it,” he smirked unplugging my phone a throwing it across my bed.

“I will,” I retorted childishly, finding Phoenix’s number in my phone and calling it, I waited for about 4 rings until she answered.

“Hel-lo,” she yawned clearly having been woken up, I smiled and put my phone on speaker.

“Hey sweet, Riley and I are about ready to leave mine you ready?” I asked my smirk growing bigger and bigger.

“No, fuck I’m still in bed man,” and I heard a bang and a faint ‘ow’ come through the speaker my guess is she just rolled out of bed.

“Okay sweety, well I’m nowhere near ready either just had to prove a point.”

“To who?”

“Riley,” I could basically hear her roll her eyes.

“Does he have to come like honestly?”

“Yes he does, can you 2 just pretend to be friends for the next 3 days?”

“Fine, how long will you be?”

“An hour maybe 2?”

“So somewhere in the middle?”

“You know me, probably after that.”

“Yeah fair point, and I’ll play nice the next 3 days only,” she huffed.

“That’s all I’m asking, see you soon?”

“Yeah love you.”

“Love you too,” I said before hanging up.

“Told you,” I said poking my tongue out at Riley like a little kid.

“Yeah, yeah you did now get packing,” he said throwing a pair of bathers at me. Today was new years eve and we were heading to my grandparents beach house for the next 2 nights. Tonight we will go to the real beach party at Port Hughes not the one everyone thinks is at Moonta bay because that’s where they plant the fireworks (little bit of information: fireworks are illegal in most of Australia), then as a little bit of recovery we’ll go to the beach and go rock fishing at sunset, I’d love to bring Harry and the boys too I guess up here one night when they are in Adelaide but it will probably be too cold by then to spend a day at the beach swimming and fishing and it will get dark much too early.

3 bags and an hour and a half later I was all packed and ready to go.

“Jesus Ale how much shit do you need we are going for three days,” he said dragging the last part out slowly.

“A girl need options,” I shrugged and tried to pull my bag into the tray of his ute but failed, “Riley why can’t we just take my car? It’s bigger and will fit all of us comfortably,” I turned around frowning.

“Because I hate driving your car,” he said pulling the biggest of the three bags onto the tray effortlessly while I threw the smaller two on.

“Well it’s my car I’d drive it,” I said leaning on the back of his ute hoping to change his mind.

“You don’t do long drives?”

“Well I would if it meant I didn’t have to sit on a stupid excuse of a seat for two hours because you and my best friend will turn to physical blows if I don’t sit or stand between you at all times.”