Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Alex’s POV

“I coul-“ I took the phone off speaker and walked out the room, what she was about to say was meant for my ears only.

“I’m sorry Phe, you were breaking up can you say that again?” I asked I would tell her the real reason tomorrow because I think she already knew.

“I couldn’t, I couldn’t say yes to him,” she said close to tears which was a rare thing but I do know the only person other than myself to make Phoenix cry has been Liam and here is a classic example.

“Why not?” I asked quietly and sympathetically.

“Ummm well I don’t know lets start with he lives on the other side of the world, oh he’s in the worlds biggest boy band and to top it off I would get so much hate,” she said sounding mad and defensive I didn’t take any offence.

“C’mon that’s bullshit now tell me the real reason,” I said sternly.

“I couldn’t Ale, not after last time, he ruined me he tore me to shreds I was wrecked after what he did to me and I’ve never forgotten how I felt when it happened and I told myself I would never let it happen again, but here I am being asked out by the same guy who ruined me I’m heading down a pretty fucking familiar track aren’t i?” she said and this time I knew she was crying.

“Phe calm down, sleep on it you and Liam have both grown up so much it’s been 3 almost 4 years you’ve both grown up so much, neither of you are children anymore and that’s what you were kids, think about it and sleep on it I will come over and spend the day with you tomorrow I promise and you can talk to me and get it all out then all of your worries and fears and I will help you with whatever you need okay?” I asked and it took her a while to reply I think she nodded but then realized I couldn’t see her.

“Yeah, thank you so much Ale, I love you,” she said and her voice wasn’t broken but it wasn’t strong either.

“I love you too hun, don’t stay up too late thinking,” I said smiling, I’m not sure why but I was.

“I’ll try not to,” she laughed and then sniffled, “bye.”

“Bye love,” I said and I ended the call and checked the time, it was way past midnight, Holly had fallen asleep not long after 10 and I think Harry was way past drunk it was time to get both of them home. I walked into the dressing room and was met by 4 pairs of eyes, I couldn’t say anything I just shook my head sad for my best friend and what she was going through. I think Harry picked up on it as well because he stood there with his arms open and I walked right into them instantly feeling comforted.

“Picture of the happy couple!” Zayn yelled coming over still acting like the photographer, but I turned my face but I still held onto Harry’s waist and smiled, “c’mon where’s the love? Show me the love!” and I felt Harry’s lips kiss the top of my head and my semi-forced smile became a shy and happy smile which I’m sure made my eyes crinkle.

“I think we should go,” I whispered once Zayn had left us alone but I was still cuddled into Harry’s side.

“Yeah I think so too, but Al I think you should drive,” he said pulling his keys out of his pocket.

“I think I should,” I said taking them from him and giving everyone a hug and kiss and what not else before picking Holly’s small body up off the couch and heading for the door seeing as Harry could hardly walk in a straight line himself I didn’t think him carrying her would be safe.

“Hang on guys one more photo before you leave,” Zayn said standing in front of us with his bloody phone, but of course Harry wrapped an arm around me holding a sleeping Holly and melted into his side as much as I could and I let a big Happy smile spread across my face, “you guys just look so happy together, I just know you’re going to last,” Zayn sighed and walked off and Harry and I left both of us stifling laughter. We reached the car my arms burning I unlocked it and clipped Holly into her car sear before hopping into the driver’s side and sliding the seat forward by what seemed like meters because my legs are just so damn short.