6.

The walk to the car was quiet and only slightly awkward, both of them enjoying each other's company. They had learned a lot about each other the past few nights like their hobbies and jobs and interests. Most of it harmless but important nonetheless.

"I'm assuming you're okay with Starbucks?" Scott spoke up and grinned over at Mitch as they approached his car.

"Your assumption would be correct." Mitch said softly with a small laugh and a nod as he thanked Scott for opening his car door for him.

Scott just acted like it was no big deal and hopped in the drivers seat, turning the car on swiftly and turning down the radio.

"Sorry." He said and bit his lip, blushing hard at how ridiculously loud the music had been. Mitch just shook his head and smiled, "It's alright, I do the same thing." He reassured and continued to look over at Scott, hoping he wouldn't notice him staring. He did. Both of them now staring at each other once again.

Mitch blushed, looking down slowly and hesitantly, "This seems to be a reoccurring pattern for us." He said with a smile as he pointed between them, glancing back up after a mere second and gasping lightly at how close they suddenly were. Mitch could feel his breathing as their hearts raced and he glanced down at his lips and back up to his eyes, staring into them for what felt like hours before swallowing thickly and snapping back up in his seat, staring straight ahead. Scott leaned forward slightly as he felt him move so quickly and watched the smaller boys chest rise and fall a bit quicker than usual. Scott swallowed the lump in his throat and sat back in his seat, licking his lips and letting out a breath, slowly pulling out and heading to Starbucks.

***

Once they arrived, Scott found a fairly close parking spot and smiled over at Mitch with a small smirk, getting out and helping him out though he was sure he was fully capable. He locked the car and walked behind him, subconsciously moving a hand up to hover over his lower back protectively. Of course Scott was quick to jump ahead of him to open the door though, Mitch thanking him with a dimpled grin that made Scott melt into a puddle. He acted like it was nothing once more and headed up to the line with him to wait, not knowing how long it would take but thankful at how fast they got to the front of the line. Scott hadn't even thought about asking what Mitch wanted so he let him order for himself and they headed to wait for their coffee.

"Do you wanna go find us a table and I can wait for our drinks?" Scott asked and smiled, putting his charm on and getting back into things instead of being a mess all the time because of Mitch. Mitch just nodded and scouted out the place before finding a cute little two seated table by a window, sitting down and crossing his legs as he waited, looking out the window.

"Well hello beautiful..." Mitch snapped his head up to see a tall muscular stranger practically breathing down his neck and looking him up and down. Mitch narrowed his eyes and uncrossed his legs, sitting up taller. He wasn't sure if he was trying to look bigger or more confident but obviously none of that mattered for he already had his hand on his thigh and no matter how strong Mitch tried to convince himself he was, he couldn't get the mans hand to move.

"Hi!" Scott said as he walked up behind the stranger and smiled, placing their drinks down and putting his hand out for an introduction. He made a face and shook his head, "No..? Oh, yeah sorry okay probably not. Well you see I'm Scott and this is my boyfriend so if you could please leave that would be great." He said with a nod and a smile but the man just stared at him like he was crazy, smirking and laughing as he shook his head, moving closer to Mitch. "Ohh I see. Well in that case-" he grabbed the man by the shirt and pulled him as far away from Mitch as possible before grabbing the cup that said Scott on it and taking off the lid, pouring it over his head. "-you looked a little thirsty." He said and watched the man get angry, widening his eyes and smiling before grabbing Mitch's drink and grabbing his hand in the other, running out of the Starbucks with him and into the car looking back and laughing as he got in, driving out of the parking lot before letting out a breath, biting his bottom lip and looking over to Mitch to make sure he was okay.

They were at a stop light and Scott took another breath, rubbing his face, "Oh god, I'm sorry for that. He didn't hurt you or, anything.. Did he?" Scott asked, suddenly genuinely concerned as he looked at Mitch who had been pretty quiet. Mitch shook his head and looked over at Scott, smiling weakly. "No, it-I'm okay." He reassured weakly with a nod, sipping on his coffee. Scott bit his lip and continued driving, feeling defeated.

"Oh, sorry for calling you my boyfriend, I was just.. yeah." He said awkwardly, turning red from embarrassment but Mitch just shook his head with a weak laugh. "It's okay, I understand." He said before talking more, "Thank you for doing that, you really didn't have to.." He said and Scott just looked over, smiling and shaking his head with a shrug, continuing to drive but realizing he wasn't sure where he was going.

"It's almost 7 do you want me to bring you home or wherever..?" Scott asked but Mitch rolled his eyes and smiled, "I mean I guess if you really wanna get rid of me!" He sassed, being dramatic. Scott quickly widened his eyes and glanced over, shaking his head and trying to explain himself. Mitch just laughed and shook his head, leaning over to put a hand on his thigh. "I'm just messing with you, Charming." He winked and slowly pulled his hand back again. Scott just blushed and his fingers fidgeted on the wheel, nodding, and speaking up after a few moments.

"Well, we can go back to my place if you want."