Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Jennifer looks stunning when she goes with me upstairs to change into a dress she has in her closet and surprisingly it fits.

"Is this your dress when you are a teen?" I ask because she is sexy but it seems that this dress wouldn't fit her. It might have a special meaning or memory behind this dress.

She laughs and answers, "I had a daughter when I was young but I lost her and she's just like your age and I just feel like buying these dresses for her will help numb the pain"

"I'm sorry to hear that but I think she would be so happy if she had all of these and now, I feel I don't deserve to wear this" I say truthfully. It's sad to hear that Niall has actually a sister because I remember that he told me he always want to have a sibling and it's too bad they lost someone. If she was alive right now, she may be the sweetest too just like Jennifer and Niall.

I hug her to comfort her and after that, she does my hair and makeup then, we walk outside to meet the clan. I mean for me to meet the clan. Jennifer finds her way to Mr. Styles' arms and the two arms I adore and love wrap around my waist and the lips of his touch my cheeks.

"You look gorgeous. I should buy you more of those kind" he whispers, making my heart melt. I am about to say something when a lady that quite resembles Harry's dad says something.

"Oh Harry, what a pleasant surprise to see you here again" the woman acknowledges Harry and quite honestly, she is the first relative of Harry to notice us or to talk to us. I wonder if there's an existing issue between them but don't want to jump into conclusions. Also, it is my first time meeting them so I won't make any judgments yet.

"My dad convinced me, Aunt Grace" Harry explains and puts his arms around my waist and pulls me closer wherein he makes my legs feel weak and wobbly. "Oh, this is Maddie but call her Madison or Mandy" he introduces me with a mix of possession over the name, Maddie. He claims that only he is allowed to call me Maddie. He also says that Maddie is for smart people like him because according to him, whoever nicknamed me Mandy is pretty dumb because there's no N between A and D in Madison. He is so immature but I like him that way.

"It reminds me of your father" Aunt Grace laughs, comparing Harry with his father. I thought Harry would be mad but surprisingly, he doesn't. He has this attitude wherein he doesn't like people to compare him and his father.

After a short conversation with Aunt Grace, we take our seats, Harry on my left and Aunt Grace on my right. Only Aunt Grace approaches us, and Harry doesn't dare to approach his other relatives.

"So today is a special day because we are now partnering with the Adams" Harry's father stands up and announces, while I see Niall and Britney (if I'm not mistaken) go to the front with Niall's arms around Britney's waist. I can't feel any jealousy which is funny because when I first encountered Harry with Zoey, a pang of jealousy hits me hard.

I can feel Harry is also uncomfortable with the situation or even mad at the situation by the way his hands tightens his hold of my thigh.

"Oh the lovely couple" an aunt of Harry compliments that became a chain of reaction because other aunts of Harry also compliments the Nia-ney or Brittle or just no couple name because Handy is the best. Oops.

"Madison and Harold is much more" Aunt Grace rebuts them but no one acknowledges her. I don't really like this family, don't get me wrong.

I may have the worst family background because my mom left me and I left my dad but this looks worse because they are complete except for Harry's real mother but that is not the case because they all seem fake and I'm not being judgmental. It's like you can tell how they laugh at each other's supposed to be joke with humor, all I hear is a fake laugh.