CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

*this is now Harry's POV of the week Mandy had in the previous chapter

Harry's POV

After I texted Tres in the morning on the hotel Maddie and I stayed at last night, I am feeling guilty about what I did to her. She is skinny and pale and she also lost the smile I absolutely love about her. She is self-destructing and I know it's my fault.

I may also have been a little unfair to her because I always go by the cafe just to take a glimpse of her with her fake smile. I always drive her home and pretend to be Tres just to be with her. And last night, I slept beside her to have a good night sleep.

She doesn't deserve the tears and pain. We bought her out of the club to be free and happy and not the other way around.

I go to the office to look for my dad. I don't want to be the acting CEO anymore. It keeps my mind preoccupied that's why I agreed to take this position however; I am soon regretting this decision of mine. His assistant told me that he is with someone inside his office. I open the door without making a sound that my dad doesn't even notice that I enter the room.

"Make me feel better then" he shouts at the guy he's talking to.

"You need months for the treatment. So you have to give Mr. Harold the full CEO title and responsibilities." The guy calmly says and when he turns around, he is Dr. Hartley, our family doctor.

My dad finally sees me.

"Harry" he calls my name, obviously startled upon seeing me.

I don't move from my spot. He gave me the position because he is sick? How long did he knew about this? Or is this just a f.ucking coincidence?

"When's the treatment?" I ask. Frustration is painted all over my father's face but also my face is painted with frustration.

"After the wedding" he says but if I remember correctly that the wedding is still at the end of the year. He can't possibly prolong the treatment date.

"Mr. Harold, he needs to have the treatment as soon as possible." Dr. Hartley interrupts. I know now why he is shouting at our doctor, he wants to receive it latter. He is terribly ill but he wants to marry first the girl with many lies.

I know I'm being below the belt and it would benefit me too but I'm doing this for my father.

"Don't marry Jennifer then" I tell him and that's when he erupts as he grabs my shirt. "You don't deserve that stripper"

"That's why you left Mandy?" He rebuts and I want to punch him as much as he wants to punch me but Dr. Hartley stops us from doing so.

"I left her because of that lying bitch" I shout at him and he charges again, and this time he does punch me.

"Did she tell you everything? From Niall to New York to Mr. Horan and all?" I add more fuel as Dr. Hartley tries his best to stop my dad.

"Don't f.ucking research about my fiancé. I didn't stop you from being with Mandy, you left her. It was your choice" he retorts and I contain my anger because I don't want to punch my father. If he only knew why I left her, maybe he would leave Jennifer but I don't trust my father because there's a huge possibility that he won't give Jennifer up.

"Then, you do the research about your fiancé" I shout at him again, he charges again but this time, I dodge. Dr. Hartley now calls for some security. "Leave her because she will eventually leave you too" I say as I walk outside.

The employees are looking at the scars and bruises my father implanted on me. But I honestly don't care.

I want to give up the CEO title and responsibilities because I just took it as a distraction but come to think of my decision to leave Maddie might be the stupidest. Hell, I don't care about the labels anymore.