Chapter Twenty Three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

I meet up with Niall this morning just to secretly bid my goodbye to him. I know he's hanging out more in the café because the secret of him being with Brittany is out so he no longer needs his alibi of studying across the globe. He is first surprise with my sudden invitation but he meets up with me in this small diner.

I see him enter the diner and he hugs me in which I reciprocated the action and hug him as tight as he hugged me.

"I know I see you everyday but it's been too long since I hugged this easy to fall to and for girl" he laughs as we take our seat.

"I just want you to know that I want to get my life back. Not that I'm going back to where I came from but you bought me to be free so I need to be free and independent now" I tell him because it's a little bit awkward between us but I feel like this is the right thing to do before I leave.

"I'm happy you decided to do that. I mean you can't push these skinship, talkative b.astards off you." He chuckles and all the memories flash in my mind when we were a couple. All I know is that I treat him more as a friend than my boyfriend and for Harry, it is really the opposite because we are not a couple but I treat him like my boyfriend or the love of my life. "Listen, I know Harry for as long as I can remember. He says assh.oles stuff to push people he loves but I know the way he looked at you before, it's different. Maybe that's why it's easy for me to cheat though I know it's wrong because I know I am not the man for you and you have found that in Harry. Harry's feelings change like a bipolar so I want you to stick around while treating yourself right, okay?" he pulls me into a hug as tears fall from my eyes. I wish I can do that but I have to leave tomorrow.

After a week of preparing my flight to Ireland and after the breakfast Niall and I had, I requested Tres to let me see Harry once last time and he agreed. So I go to Styles Co. and see Zoey instead in the lobby.

She approaches me and invites me to go to the little cafe inside the building.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, bitchier than ever.

"I'm here to see Harry" I say to her. I am never really fond of her. I also don't why I agreed on her invite.

"Newsflash, honey. You and Harry are no longer together" she states an obvious fact. Sipping her coffee as I watch her and pretend I have slapped her.

"I know. I don't even care if we're no longer together. I just want to talk to him" I say, raising my voice and being sassy and all.

But then, she stands up and she kneels in front of me. I asks her to stand up but she cries in front of me.

"This is not sympathy cry but I'm wishing for you to leave Harry alone. I will have a beautiful date with him later at lunch and I don't want you to ruin it by setting him in a bad mood" she expresses as I am about to say something in return but she continues. "I waited for him to be single all my life. Even during Brittany, I waited for him. Even during his relationship with you, I waited. But you threw what I've waited for and now that he is finally noticing me, you want to talk to him?"

By the speech she have given, I know she's blinded by the truth. She is in love with Harry and I couldn't hate her for that. Let alone she's desperate. I couldn't stop her.

All I want is to talk to him and I have to leave but I couldn't if this girl right in front of me stops me from doing so.

"Just let me talk to him for one day, as much as possible, today. I'm leaving tomorrow. I may leave for good and I just want to see him for the last time" I admit to her in which she wipes her tears. I know it took a long time for her to have this date and it will take more time for her to decide if she'll sacrifice this date for me. "I'm sincerely asking you"