Chapter Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

Harry's POV

I wake up with Mandy in my arms. I wish I can wake up like this everyday. I kind of smile to myself because she usually can't stay in one place and when I wake up, she is no longer in my arms. Sometimes she flinches but tonight, she sleeps all through the night without doing so. I think she trusts me because of the story I have told her last night.

I am relieved that all she did was listen and comfort me. I think I'm ready but I have to do something for her first.

I have to find her mom.

"Matthew, do you have all the information?" I ask Matthew because last night, he informed me that he already had the story but I was having a great time with Mandy and I don't want to ruin that.

"Yes sir." He answers as we walk outside so Mandy won't hear. "After Madison was born, she was sent to orphanage by her mother though Ms. Emily Greene opposed to that idea but later on agree because they don't want Madison to grow up in the bar" He narrates it but it doesn't make sense because it opposes to what Maddie have told me.

"Impossible" I grunt. "Madison said her father sent her to the orphanage"

"That's what Madison knows but it was her mom who did that and Mr. Dan Roberts, the dad he knows is not really her dad. Her real dad is still not traceable but I believe you can know the answer"

"Why?" I ask immediately, confused by the new information.

"Her mom is Jennifer Horan" my expression just falls. How dare that woman ruin every lives... I want to know more.

"B.ullsh.t. Anything else?" I listen again.

"Madison experienced a traumatic amnesia. When she was sixteen, Mr. Roberts found out about Madison so he adopted Madison to work in the club."

"How can he even adopt her?" I interrupt because the adopter should be competent of taking care of a child.

"Connections. Intimidation. Mr. Roberts' specialties. It was an easy task for him."

"How about Jennifer?" I ask what happened to that bitch.

"She left Madison after 6 months, I believe Mr. Horan, the father of Niall, ask her to come with him in Mullingar. Jennifer became Niall's step mother."

"It isn't her mom? What happened to Mr. Horan and to her real wife?" I ask more and more.

"I believe, sir. The wife of Mr. Horan left Mr. Horan after Niall was born. Devastated by the newborn, he flew to New York and ended up in the club and there he met Jennifer."

"Continue with Maddie's story"

"Mandy was almost sexually harassed by an unknown man"

"Find him, continue" I swear I'll kill him when I see him.

"She ran after that attempted attack, then she was hit by a truck. She lives but got an amnesia. Emily just tells her what you know" he informs me.

"Thank you, Matthew"

I can't believe every fact I just have heard. I feel so sorry to my Maddie. She got through a lot of bull in her life and all I did was to add more s.hit in it.

I can't stay with her. I don't deserve to stay with the girl who... Who is the daughter of my father's fiancé and we will be step brother/sister soon. Why does destiny have to be stupid and kill joy? That's why I refuse to love someone because when I love someone, all they do is leave me with pain.

I especially hate Jennifer. How does she ruin all of our lives?

I call Louis to tell him about the news and so he can help me with this decision I need to.