Chapter 5

So, why'd you move?" He asked me, we were in the living room laying on the couch.

    "This place is closer to my mom's work. My dad works out of state and my sister's in college, so it's just me and my mom." He nodded his head.

   "Why do you cut?" He suddenly asked me. I sighed,

   "I don't think we're on that level of friendship yet." I said, trying to make fun out of this horrid topic.

    "Nicole, look, you can trust me. Everyone goes through a tough time in their life and it's better to talk to someone about it." He said.

   "It's just, I never see my dad or sister anymore and my mom is always under stress so she's always screaming at me and I get bullied at school. I'm a really sensitive person so it hurt. Now I have to deal with moving to a different state and getting bullied all over again. I can't tell my mom, and I have no one else." At this point I was sobbing, Harry pulled me over to him so my head was on his shoulder.

    "You have me, yeah I may be a ghost, but I promise I'll always be there for you, I'll be your friend." He gave me a smile.

    "Thanks Harry, I really appreciate it. Anyways, tell me about you." I changed the subject.

    "Well, I grew up in this house. I had an older sister named Gemma and we all were very close. One night someone burst through this window and killed me and my family. It was one of those creatures that kidnapped you. They kill whoever lives in this house, unless there's a ghost who protects it. My family didn't want anything to do with this house anymore so they left to do their own things. I wanted to stay and protect whoever lived here, I didn't want whatever happened to me to happen to anyone else living here. Those evil guys want me gone, so they can kill you, since you believe in supernatural creatures, for experiments." It took me a while to process that information.

    "Why us? Why this house?" I asked him.

    "I don't know exactly, but this house has been here for over hundreds of years, I guess it has something to do with that." He shrugged

    "W-what kind of experiments would they do to me?" I asked.

    "What they almost did to you, tie you up and then slice your body parts piece by piece." The thought of it sent a shiver down my spine.

    "But it's okay, I'll protect you." He smiled at me. I suddenly felt safe, something about him...I felt that he would keep his word, protect me.