Chapter 4

I woke up to a throbbing headache and pains all over my body. It was literally impossible for me to get up. Once I did, I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I had cuts all over my body, and a few bruises on my face.

    "Where did these even come from?" I whispered to myself. My mom would probably flip if she saw me like this. I sighed as I slipped into the shower.

    "Where the hell were you last night?" My mom screamed at me, after I showered I went down to eat breakfast, until my mom caught me.

    "At the park." I said to her, I didn't want her to cause a scene right now. She slapped me right across the face. My hand immediately went to my cheek in pain.

    "I was so worried! You came home so late and went straight to bed! You could've told me you'd be late!" She scolded me.

    "I'm sorry." I said as I took the Advil from the cabinet. She yanked my arm, forcing me to face her.

    "What the hell happened to your face?!" Great, here we go again.

    "I fell, which is also why I was a bit late." I lied to her, running up the stairs to my room before she could say more. I closed the door behind me and was about to jump into bed until I saw Harry sitting there.

    "I heard what happened, are you okay?" He walked over to me, eyeing my face.

   "I'm fine." I lied, tears forming in my eyes. I guess he could tell I wasn't okay, he was about to say something until I burst into tears. I didn't have an exact reason to why I was crying, maybe it was the events of yesterday and the fact that my mom made it worse. He led me into a hug, rubbing my back. Eventually he pulled away, his hands on my shoulders.

    "Look, I'm really sorry about what happened to you yesterday, you must really be scarred. Don't worry about those guys anymore, I'll protect you." He sincerely said, with a smile.

    "But you barely know me." I sniffed, wiping my eyes.

    "Then I'll get to know you, how bout' we watch some movies? Your mom just left for work." I nodded and he let me go. Maybe he isn't that bad after all...