Chapter 36 *alternate*

Nico toweled off his hair with his shirt after he had pulled himself out. Poseidon was a cool god so he wouldn't kill him if it was a short water trip. Leo wrapped his arms around Leo's hips. "Babe?" He asked softly. "Yes?" Nico turned his head. "I love you" Leo kissed Nico's ear. "I love you too?" Nico questioned the sudden affection. "Do you?" Leo asked hurriedly. "Yes! Of course" Nico said quickly. Leo nodded, smiling to him. "Dinner is soon" Nico noted, seeing the fires lit at the pavilion. "Sit with me?" He asked. "Yeah" Leo said. Since Hazel had gone back to Camp Jupiter Nico sat alone so he could have "guests" at his table. Leo offered Nico his dark blue shirt. He was much more comfortable without a shirt than Nico was. "Thanks" Nico kissed his cheek. Leo held his hand as they walked to the pavilion, earning a few strange looks. "I didn't know Leo was gay", "that's an odd pairing", "death loser and fire boy. That's going to work perfectly", and what really set Leo off was "Nico is turning Leo into a fag. Better not talk to him." Leo dropped Nico's hand and walked up to the camper. "You. Shut up" Leo poked his chest hard, then shoved him to the ground. "Leo!" Nico grabbed his arm, pulling him away. Nico dragged him into his cabin. Nico changed his shirt, then gave Leo his shirt back. "Why would you do that?" He asked, with tears in his eyes. "Didn't you hear the whispers?" Leo asked. "Yes. I do every single day. I'm not new to this Leo. I heard it when I was with Will. I heard it after I came out to Percy. Im use to it all!" Nico cried. "I'm sorry" Leo said, moving towards him. "I'll meet you at dinner" Nico said. Leo nodded, and left.