Chapter 2

We walk back to school and sit in homeroom as soon as the bell rings. We never got a chance to tell everyone, I look at my desk with my eyes still stained red.

"Pst, Chouko." I hear Misato whisper from behind me and I turn slightly. "Are you ok?"

I scramble my head as I can't tell the truth no one would believe me at this moment.

"Oh yea. I just fell." I say smiling weakly as Sensei clears his throat and calls attendance and skips Satoru as if he never was there or existed. I hear Kazu integrating Kenya on why I was crying. I hear him begin to teach the lesson and I just sit there blank and mindless, not being able to accept the fact about what I had watched. As my mind falls deeper into its thoughts I am snapped back by the bell and the fact my face is soaked in tears.

My classmates begin to leave the room and I go to stand but I hear a voice.

"Chouko and Kenya please stay after class... I need to speak to you."

I continue to stare at my desk as I see Kenya sit next to me.

"I-I can't talk." I hiccup looking at him. He nods and hugs me softly but pulls away quickly when the teacher walks over. I look down as he sits in the desk in front of us but faces us.

"Do you care to explain why you have been crying all period..." He says in a kind caring manner. I tense up and weakly look over at Kenya who sighs.

"We went to her house to get my books, and she turned on the news." He says blankly, not wanting to lie to a teacher. Sensei tenses up a little, "What did you see?" He prys causing my to put my head on his desk and whimper. "s-satoru..." I start tearing up more and Kenya looks confused and Sensei stands up slowly.

"You weren't suppose to watch the news this morning... you are not to tell anyone else." He says very serious. I cross my fingers under the desk and I nod to him, lying to his command.

We both stand and exit the room to see everyone waiting outside the school for us.

"Hey Chouko...are you ok?" Osamu asks me.

I shake my head no as I start crying again and they all look in shock.

"Uh-want to go to the hideout?" Kazu offers. "We can talk there since Sensei is giving me the creeps." He says shivering as we all look up at the window which Sensei then disappears from the window and we start heading to the base.

I look along the streets, dusted with snow as we break away from the sidewalk and wander to the base. At this point, my eyes would no longer form any tears but a stare into nothing. I slowly enter the base and lay face first on the couch within it. 

I see the feet of everyone begin to surround the couch. 

"Yo, Chouko.. are you ok?" Hiromi says softly as I hear him yelp and a smack sound. 

"Dude you can't just ask a girl that!" Kazu whisper shouts at him causing him to wince.

"No I'm not..." I murmur sitting up looking to Kenya to explain cause I physically can't.

Kenya looks at him, showing some sort of upset emotion himself as he sighs. "We ran out of class earlier to go home and watch the news-" He begins to explain being cut off by Kazu.

"So what is so important? Why is she crying over the news it is always sad cr-" He starts ranting as Kenya cuts him off again with a hint of anger.

"It was Satoru. He was found in a car flooded with water in the campsite a little ways out of town. He is in a coma right now..." Kenya explains as I hiccup covering my mouth. Everyone stares in shock as they look at him than me in pure disbelief.