Chapter 4

*****Bailey*****

I wake up and hop in the shower. I come out and get dressed. Since Chantelle flat ironed my hair last night, I put on one of my flower crowns. I put on my watch, Sephora mascara, and my Candy K lip kit. I grab my phone and bookbag and walk downstairs.

"Hey Chantelle. Where's my dad?", I say. "The garage. He's waiting for you because he has to drop you off earlier. I think he said he had some meeting about his tour today.", she says. I grab the plate of bacon that she made just for me and walk to my dad's white BMW.

"Hey Dad.", I say. "Hey lil mama. I have to pick you up early today. You have a dance class with a private dance instructor. She said you can bring one other girl.", he says. "Well I don't have any girl friends, but I'll be on the lookout.", I say taking a bite out of one of my pieces of bacon. My dad tries to grab a piece, but I smack his hand away. "Mine.", I say and move the plate closer to me.

"Bye Dad. See you at 1 o'clock.", I say before I close the door. I turn around to find Jamar hugging up on some girl.

Okay so his breakup was yesterday and he already got a new girl. I guess God is trying to tell me my bestfriend is a man thot. Well I do need a girl to take to the dance class with me, but I don't think she's the one. For me or for him. I hate to think that she's his sloppy seconds or rebound. Now I feel bad for her. I should feel bad for him. Omg, mind make yourself up.

"Hey Bailey, over here. I want you to meet someone.", he says smiling like a fool. I run over there. I was running pretty fast for a girl in sandals. "Hey Jamar.", I say smiling. "Bailey this is Mariana Atwoods, Mariana this is Bailey Brown.", he says. I smile at her. "Nice to meet you.", I say. "Same here.", she says with an attitude. "Well Jamar, I need to go to the ladies room. See you in English.", I say and run to the bathroom.

I walk in and head straight to the sink. I check my makeup. I then hear a girl crying. "Hey, who ever is crying can come out the stall. I don't bite, well until I have to.", I say. The girl giggles and opens the stall door and walks out. "Hi my name is Bailey Brown, what's yours?", I ask. "Roman White.", she says. She is around my height and looks to be mixed. She has short, curly hair with like highlights, but it's been flat ironed out and looks really cute with the highlights. "I know you're wondering. I am mixed with Black and Italian with a little bit of Irish.", she says. "Oh, I'm just straight mixed with Black and Italian.", I say. "I think we are gonna be great friends.", she says. "Me too.", I say.

"Hey are you a dancer?", I ask as we walk to English. Turns out we have three of the same classes together. "Yeah. I'm also into singing and gymnastics.", she says. "Me too. Is there any chance you would like to come to a dance class with me?", I say. "I would love to. I've never had a friend before you.", she says. Roman hugs me and we walk into Mrs. Trance's English class.

Skip To Lunch

I asked Roman to join us for lunch. "Hey boys, this is Roman.", I say. She waves. "Polanski?", Trevor asks. "Does she look like that French geezer? I mean no shade thrown to him, but she is near my complexion.", I say. Roman and Darion laugh while Jamar sits and looks like he could kill Roman. Instead of asking him what's wrong, I continue to talk to Roman, Trevor, and Darion. If Jamar wants to be mad, I'll let him.

"Roman so what are you into?", Trevor asks. "Dance mainly and food.", she says. "Hey that sounds a lot like Jamar. Jamar why don't you speak to Roman. She seems cool.", Darion says. Jamar just grins. "Okay, I don't know what's up with you, but you need to fix it. Your attitude ain't cutting it.", I say. "Well maybe I wouldn't have an attitude if you weren't trying to replace me.", Jamar says then gets up and walk out the cafeteria. "I'll be back.", I say and follow him.

"Jamar wait up.", I say. He stopped. "What do you want? Shouldn't you be hanging out with your new bestie Roman?", he asks mad. "Listen Jamarvion Brian Woods Jr, Roman is a girl I literally just met today when I went to the bathroom. I didn't say anything about you and Mariana so what's wrong with me being friends with Roman?", I say just as mad. Jamar leans in and kisses my lips. At first I was in shock, but then I started to kiss back. I slip my arms around his neck while he slips his around my waist and he pulls me closer.

"Why would you do that? You have a girlfriend.", I say as soon as we break apart. We decide right then not to go back to the cafeteria and instead we go to the dance studio. We asked Mrs. O'Mara if we could and she said just don't break anything.

"Why'd you do it? Why'd you kiss me of all people?", I ask. "Because you're beautiful and I've had a crush on you from the moment I laid my eyes on you. And I don't have a girlfriend. Mariana is my half sister. She doesn't want me to like because she think you're not good for me.", he says and I blush a little. "I have a crush on you, but my dad said not to be kissing up on boys and getting a boyfriend. If it weren't for those rules, I would want to be your girlfriend.", I say.

"I guess we can make an exception to the rule. And I meant don't be a thot.", my dad says from behind me. "Daddy what did you hear?", I ask him a little concerned. "Everything you and he said. Bailey come here.", my dad says and I walk over. "If you love him enough and know that in me allowing you to do this you won't grow up too fast, I will allow you to date him.", my dad whispers. I hug him tight.

"Hey Jamar come over here. If you love my daughter enough to know that she is the one for you and you won't cause her heartache and/or break, you can date her.", my dad says. "That will make this ten times easier then.", Jamar says and pulls me out to the middle of the floor.

He gets down on one knee and grabs my hand. "Bailey Raymoni Brown I have loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you. The way you will stand up for a friend or even a fan shows just how strong you are and the way you crumble when one of us curses shows that you still need someone to keep you strong. I love the way you dress and everything about you and it would be an honor if you be my girlfriend.", he says and I shake my head yes because I'm in tears. Jamar gets up and hugs me.

"Goals.", Roman, Trevor, Darion, and Chantelle yell from the doorway. "Oh Daddy, this is Roman. Roman this is my dad.", I say introducing them to each other. "I love your music although my aunt thinks it's all about her.", she says. My dad laughs and so do I.

"Dad, I don't think I want to go to the dance class today. What about tomorrow?", I say walking through the halls holding Jamar's hand. "Okay, you can go tomorrow. I'm guessing Jamar is who you were gonna bring.", he says. "No I was gonna bring Roman and I still am.", I say. We all grab our stuff and head out the door to my dad's truck.

When we get home we all just dip our feet in my swimming pool and chill. I lay my head on Jamar's shoulder and he kisses my head. "Okay this is the best day ever.", we all say then laugh.