Going Home

"Arriane, he looks fine." Harry said with a slight eye roll.

I narrowed my eyes and once again adjusted the little hat I had put on Andrew. "I want him to look absolutely perfect for your mom, Harry."

"He's already perfect." He said simply.

"Yes. But still." I said with an irritated tone as I adjusted the little jeans and tee shirt Andrew was currently wearing. While we were driving back home I had changed his outfit about four times. "I want to make sure the outfit is the cutest one on him. He has to make people melt with cuteness." I smiled and kissed his head.

He chuckled slightly and glanced back at me. "He already does that anyway. Both my mum and Gemma will love him even if he was wearing the most ugliest and tackiest clothes. They've seen pictures of him and such, but all that's done is make them more excited to meet him and even more pushy for me to drive faster."

I glanced out the window and smiled as the gate to our home came into view. My eyes traveled to the back window of the car to see the rental car the boys and Taylor were riding in. I laughed a bit and waved to Louis as he made a silly face at me. My mood had picked up considerably, but I think that had to do with seeing my son in the cutest outfits. While I was in the hospital last night Taylor dragged Liam to the nearest mall and they bought a whole bunch of little boy outfits for Harry and I to dress him in. I had a feeling there would be a lot more coming since we were home.

Harry reached through his window and quickly tapped in the code to get into our gate. After he pressed enter he drove through with the rental car right behind us. 

I turned around in my seat and took a deep breath before smiling down at the cooing baby boy beside me. "Your grandma and aunt are gonna love you." I whispered to him and kissed his head. Once the car pulled to a stop Harry climbed out and quickly walked around to Andrew's side of the car. I pulled myself out of the car and grabbed the diaper bag as he expertly unhook the car seat from the seat belt and shut the door.

"Ready, love?" He asked as he held out his hand to me.

I smiled and glanced over my shoulder to see Taylor and the boys climbing out of the car and grabbing the bags from the trunk of the car. I put my hand in his and nodded. "Yep."

***

"Ohmygod! He is the cutest little thing! Let me hold him!" Gemma squeaked as soon as we walked through the door.

I laughed a bit and Harry rolled his eyes. "Gemma, you haven't even gotten a good look yet." he said with humor as he sat down the car seat and leaned down. Within seconds he unhooked Andrew from the seat and cradled him in his arms. "Please be careful."

She rolled her eyes and held out her arms to him. "Oh I'd never hurt my nephew!"

Harry chuckled softly and slowly put our son into his sister's arms. He adjusted the small hat on him before taking his hands away. "Whatcha think?"

She smiled at him and me before turning toward her mom with an excited smile. They both cooed to Andrew and commented on how cute the outfit was. I smiled proudly at the exchange in front of me, and I couldn't believe how exhausted I was. It seemed as if my excitement had peaked to early.

Harry wrapped his arm around my shoulders and smiled. "Maybe you should go lay down, Arriane. It's been somewhat of a long day."

I laughed a bit and rolled my eyes. "Harry, it's barely four PM. I'm fine. Honestly."

He nodded softly and kissed my temple before looking back at his mom and sister holding our son.

I couldn't help but feel a little guilty now. I knew he was trying to make things not awkward and that nothing had changed, but who was he kidding? A lot has changed now and it was so awkward being around him. To many things had happened in such a short period time. We were both parents now, he proposed to me, told me he loved me, and to top it all off I rejected him and didn't reciprocate his feelings. I knew it hurt him more than he was showing me and I hated to know that I was the reason for his pain. He was such an amazing person, and he deserved so much better than me.