13 - The Double Agent and the First Part of the Microfilm

- Hugh? - The Banker was calling me. I was still in the conversation with them. The only person that left was Bea. - Are you there? - He was snapping his fingers. 

- Yeah, sorry... I'm here. What was the question again?

- We were asking about your restaurant. 

- Oh yeah, sorry. It's going well. We made a new menu and now we have new stuff like sea delicacies canapes, turkey and potato oven stew and banana bread. - Noboy reacted. The only person that reacted was Alice: 

- Oh, I love canapes. I need to go to your restaurant. 

- Oh so nice, Ms.?

- Alice. Nice to meet you. - Everybody started introducing after that:

- I go by as Banker.

- Salvador.

- Why don't you call me Bond? So you have a restaurant, right? Where is it?

- In the corner of 45th with Groening. - I answered.

- I have to check it out sometime. 

- Well, if you would all like, I could talk to the Ambassador and we could throw a party there. I would reserve all the restaurant and he would stay there, and have some fun.

- Why not? - The Ambassador was behind me and got in on our conversation. - I don't we do it? When are you all free?

- Well, there is no reservations in my restaurant, so whenever you guys want.

- Why don't we do it next week? 19th June. - Salvador suggested.

- Good idea. Can you guys do it? - A choir of voices started talking:

- Yeah, sure.

- Ok, I'll go see if the other people can be there to have lunch. Nice to meet you guys. - I stepped away and I went next to the painting on the hallway. Bea was there and I started: - Hi. Sorry, Bea, right?

- Yeah, right. 

- Well, the Ambassador was thinking of throwing a party on a restaurant in the corner of 45th with Groening. 

- Sure. Sorry to ask, but I really like gastronomy... What's your specialties?

- Well, we have several dishes there that have made quite a reputation: shrimp salad, grilled codfish, roasted turkey and more. For dessert we have rhubarb compote and banana bread. - Bea coughed. - Hm, so you are the double agent, hey?

- Right... So all this restaurant bullcrap is a lie...

- Of course. I'm not even Hugh... I'm K. Nice to meet you. 

- E. Nice to meet you too. - she said. 

- So, any information worthy of a report? 

- Not here... Meet me tomorrow at this address. - she handed me a piece of paper.

- Ok. One more question. The sniper... The Pakistans thought of that, right?

- Yeah. They knew that there would be a spy here. I don't know how they got their information, but they somehow did. 

- Oh ok. By the way, would you do me a favor?

- What? - She asked.

- Let's pretend we are talking. You cover the sniper's angle and I could start transfering the microfilm. 

- Ok. - She started rambling and I pretended to be listening. I got in front of her and I opened the book. I took the microfilm and I put it in my pocket. I looked both ways to check: nobody was watching. I went to the bookshelf and putted the book back. I went to the window and I smiled. I was happy. I  had more chances of "winning" now that I had E on my side.