9 - Lying to Damon and the First Inspects

- So, wait... This was all a test?

- Yeah. Let's get back inside. - he said. - Now we can start crossing out suspects and help your sniper.

- Not really...

- What do you mean?

- Well, it will become obvious to the spy if we just stay in a certain place just watching... We have to blend in. - I was just making an excuse and a reason for my future visits to the statues and to the bookshelfs.

- So you are saying that we should be doing other stuff while focusing on catching the spy.

- Exactly... Now let's go inside! I'm sure people are already noticing our absence. We don't want them to suspect anything. - I said, while winking.

- Okay, but one last thing. What do I say to the security agent about the laser? We have to make an excuse!

- Hm... - I was thinking so hard that my brain was about to explode. - Well, we cam't say the truth. That is out of the picture.

- Absolutely. And if we had to tell anybody, it'd certainly not be Damon. He is always chatting with the guest and the idiot can't keep a secret.

We stayed quiet for a little while and then I said:

- Why don't we just say that a kid is in that building playing with a laser? We say we went to investigate and BOOM! a kid was in there.

- And we would take advantage of the fact that we were outside of my house for a long time. That's a good excuse. Well done.

- Thanks - I said, while pressing the button to open the elevator doors. We opened the apartment doors and we got in. He stayed, with Damon and he said this to him:

- We went investigating. Apparently, the laser is from a kid. He is playing in the 19th floor with it. If anybody asks, just say that. - He stepped away from Damon and turned to the waiter, saying: - Toby! I need a drink. - The waiter turned to him and gave him a little bit of either vodka or  conhaque.

I, reliefed from the fact that I didn't have to worry about the Ambassador caughting me, started doing my missions. I went to the balcony and started inspecting the statues. To blend in, I imitated the moves of the Ambassador's twin, Sam (I only found out his name later). He was just like his brother: same face, same clothes, and same attitude, from what it seemed. The only way to tell which one was which was by looking at the index finger: Sam didn't have a ring like his brother did.

He was in the statue to my right, so I inspected the one I was holding and the one to my left. Good thing my peripherals were up to the challenge. I inpsected every part of the two statues, but nothing seemed suspicious. I waited for Sam to put his statue down and inspected his too, but there was nothing different. Everything was normal. However, I had nothing to fear. The statue had to be there, and there were still 4 more to investigate.

I putted the statue down and went to the window, to see how my boss was doing. Inside the place where I thought the laser was coming, I could see two men. It wasn't very clear but they were there. One of them had his face covered by a pair of binoculars and the other one was tied to the arms of a chair, face down, blood pouring from his head. I looked at him and it seemed like he was my boss.