14 - The Boss Woke Up and the Eighth Mission

I took the chance and I checked if there was any progress on the "fight" between my boss and the sniper. Everything had swapped: the sniper was now taking the role of my boss in the chair and my boss was the one watching the party, making sure everything was alright. I checked my phone and I had one missed call from my boss. I went to the bathroom again and I called him. I was really surprised. Even though he was my boss (my idol and a very strong man), I was very surprised and I had a lot of questions... How could he gotten away? How did he won the fight not the first time but the second? What could he had done? What information did he had? And how was he? Was he tortured?

I needed and answer to this questions so I just stopped thinking and I started talking. He had already picked up the call and I wasn't hearing.

- K! Are you there?

- Yes... Sorry... I was thinking of you and I suddenly got too deep in my thoughts. Anyway, what happened?

- Well, I blacked out. I still remember our fight... He disarmed me and tried to shoot me with his sniper rifle. I deflected the bullet and my gun was too far away. I punched him several times but he took the rifle and he hitted me with it. I blacked out and when I woke up, I was already tied to the chair. I tried to move but he kept checking up on me. Every time I moved, he took a knife and he stabbed me... Fortunately, all the cuts were superficial...

- Thank God! Were you tortured? - I, unlike him, actually cared about him, and I was legitimately worried.

- No. He was planning to do it, but he was paying too much attention to the party, so I figured he was going to do it after the party ended.

- Ok, glad to hear that. Wait, how did you got out?

- One of the times he noticed I was moving, he stabbed me. I kicked him in the balls and the knife fell next to me. I cut the ropes and I stabbed him. After that, I just stayed in the building.

- So everything is okay...

- Yes. I saw you contacting the double agent... At least that was what I thought it was. - I confirmed it: 

- Yeah. She is the double agent.

- Good! How many missions have you done so far?

- Half the microfilm, half the fingerprints, 3 statues and I contacted the Double Agent.

- Great, but I'm afraid you have one more mission to do... You must Purloin the Guest List.

- What? - I was really confused. - Why?

- Well, the sniper wouldn't know the party's location unless he had been invited. Following that line of thought, it's only natural to assume that his name has to be written on the Guest List.

- But I don't even know where the Guest List is...

 - It's in Toby's tray, in the middle of all the drinks. Good luck with it.

- Fine! - I wasn't happy about doing that mission.

- Good... Call me if you have anything to report and I will cal you if I have anything to tell you. Bye!