Earth

Lesson two off the day.
Earth.
I walked into miss gi's room with Rowan. LATE!

"Take a seat girls," a soft voice quietly said from the front. We sat down to find a woman with frizzy brown hair, dark skin, narrow jade eyes, small and skinny with a flower in her hair stood up next to a plant.

As we sat down, Rowan let out a slight giggle. But the teacher just smiled and carried on. She too showed us a presentation off what we could do if we had the earth element.

She elaborated after it, explaining that we could heal all land-living animals and communicate with them. We could grow plants and heal them. If we were injured we'd need some sort off plant to heal ourselves, just simply covering the wound in soil would temporarily heal it.

For the practical she handed out a tray of soil, with two small plants inside that had just began to grow.

"Just like you should have done in your element before, place your hands each side off the tray and imagine one off the plants growing." Miss Nero told us. Her voice was still soft and calm.

Rowan went first. She placed both hands either side and pictured it growing. Firstly there was nothing.
But all off a sudden it began to sprite up. It grew until the bud was what looked like a rose head.

She opened her eyes and squealed in a high pitch voice. "Yay! I did it!"

"Ha yes, you did." I laughed and she hugged me tight in a side hug.

"She squinted her eyes and did it again, this time opening the bud.

"Rose?" She picked it and give it to Maz. "Here you go, this is for you. " I laughed at how head over heals she was for him.

He laughed as she bowed before walking back over.

"Your turn." She pointed to the remaining bud.

"Uh... I don't think I need to." I huffed.

"Whys that?" She looked confused.

"My elements water. You saw what I did in class. " I explained to her.

"There's no point I can feel it. I'm going to be just like my mum!" I smiled.

"I'm sure you are. But you've got to give it a go! I give water a go and nothing happened. Cmon what's the worst that can happen." She persuaded me.

"Okay... Okay..." I pushed her off my arm and placed my hands either side off the tray.

I sat there for a couple of seconds and opened my eyes. "See nothing," I didn't even bother looking at the plant. Just straight at Rowan.

"Um... Maybe you want to reconsider." She didn't blink, just stared at the fully grown rose.

"I... Did... Was... No... It couldn't be..." I stuttered.

"Alex, you did that!" She gasped.

"Lovely girls, I guess you'll both be in my class next term." Miss Aeras gently placed her hands on our shoulders as she walked passed.

I sat there for the rest of the lesson stone stiff. I thought I was going to be like my mum. But I made the water pure, and now I've grown the plant.

The bell rang signalling end off lesson.
"Alex! Come on!" Ash shook me out off my trance.

"Oh yeah... Coming." I walked to the hall with him for dinner.

"So guys... do you all know what your element is, anyone know so far?" Ash asked.

"Water, " kylie and Maz both said in sync.

"I reckon mines earth." Rowan grinned.

Maz nudged me.

"Rowan? What's yours?"

"Uh... I'm not sure." I replied slowly.

"She's been having difficulties." Rowan explained.

"What sort off difficulties?" Ash asked without hesitation. Consent lingered in his voice.

I explained that I made a connection with both the water and flower.

"Oh...that's weird." Jordan as confused as I.