Brunette

~~~ chapter 10 ~~~

The next day we decided to go back, after last nights happenings.
I was still confused.
Not knowing how to handle it I went into the library.
Walking along the dark, old oak bookshelf a that were crammed with dusty books, I searched around for something that may help me.
"Can I help you sweetie?" A old stumpy lady asked me with her sweet pitchy voice.
"Uh... Actually yeah... What do you know about pixies?" I asked her curiously. 
She grinned and led me over to a small section in the left corner of the library.
"You'll find anything you need here. Pixies are very rare mystical creatures. Endangered in fact, there are very few left in our world." And with that she wandered away.
Endangered? Enchanted? PIXIES?! As if this couldn't get any more strange.
I looked up and down the small bookcase, needing down onto one knee creating a curtain of hair surrounding my face.
-the life of pixies-
-endangered species-
There were so many books,
From big to small,
Some had a old case with ripped edges and others seemed pretty new.
Everything was so quiet and organised.
I could hear the door open and shut.
I listened to the faint footsteps heading towards me.
Suddenly they stopped and it was silent again, I didn't take much notice to this, kneeling down and reaching to one off the books on the bottom shelf, a loud bump hit the floor, echoing through the the room.
I quickly jumped up and to my right there was a book on the floor.
I slowly walked over and picked it up, I peaked through the gap to which the dusty book once was, a woman with long brown hair was rushing away, heading towards the exit.
"Hey!" I shouted at her and ran to her.
I couldn't see her face because her hair was covering it, but she had long straight, glossy brown hair which had been let down and shimmered in the sunlight as I chased her out into the courtyard.
She ran into a classroom, locking the door behind herself.
I juggled the door handle about and pushed the door as hard as I could, but it wouldn't budge.
"Cmon, think..." I whispered to myself.
I was still for a few seconds trying to figure out what to do.
Then it came to me.
"i dýnami tou aéra, i dýnami tou aéra, i dýnami tou aéra" I repeated the spell over and over, a gust of wind grew and grew in the palm of my hands, then I threw it at the door, like I was throwing a bomb that was about to go off any second.
The door swung off the hinges, making a loud crash that filled the courtyard.
I rushed into the room, but only to find an empty room, with chairs stacked on top of the wooden tables.
But there was no one inside.
I glanced over to the left wall to find the window wide open...

<><><>
Sorry for the short chapter.
Big one up next tho.

<><><>