Chapter Nine : To Close

I was restless.It had been a three days and Lark was the only one going out with the Washington pack to search for more werewolves with the virus with little luck and faint scent trails.

Lucus didn't let me see Nick and Sia seemed dazed whenever she came out and I didn't ask her about it.

Curiosity killed the cat A voice in my head said.

I'm a werewolf I thought to myself.

Then I snorted and got up from my Ned and crept out of the small cabin and looked through the night at the large one that helped rattling chain noises.

I walked towards it and slowly went inside.I approached the place on the floor that held the sound of snarls and pushed as hard as I could.

No wonder we can walk over it, it won't budge ! I growled mentally.

I shoved and slowly and began to open until I leaped as hard as I could and it swung open.I fell down and hit the steps on my rump luckily.I ignored the pain and walked down the stairs towards the light.

The gray cement walls were covered in claw marks and I appeared down at the end of the steps and stared ahead.

Nick.The blond wolf struggled his eyes narrow and his ears flat, his shook violently his snarls echoing as spit leaked from his clenched teeth that were flashing in a sneer.

He saw me and ran forward the chains ringing and keeping him back."Nick ?"I asked gently.He snarled and then let out a howl.Covering my ears and closed my eyes.

I stood to leave but stupidly stumbled back."Maria" Lark growled running over and pushing me away before Nick could bit me.
But Nick quickly bit Lark.Who in his last few seconds of a sain mind stared at me with wide, cold, dead eyes that chilled me to the bone.
"Run" He said before he started shaking.I turned and ran up the stairs abd yanked the door up with me hard and then leaped away so it would slam shut behind me.Sia wondered out from the hall her first rubbing her eye.

"You okay ?"She asked."Lark been bitten"I whispered.
"What !? How ?"Sia asked her eyes wide and her fist hanging at her side.

I flinched back and sighed."He saved me from getting bitten because I stumbled "I said quietly.
Sia gave me a look of pure anger.

"What the hell Maria you selfish bitch !"She yelled.I found myself dying to retort but what right did I have.
It was my fault, and this time there was no denying it.

Then the floor door opened and two wolves ran out of the cabin."They are heading to their pack or the Blind Eye !Lets go" Sia said shifting and passing me without glancing at me.

I shifted and ran after her into the night.I used my speed but somehow tonight she and the virus wolves were faster.

Can't you go one night without ripping someone's life apart !?Sia asked growled.

Anger bubbled along with guilt and I ran faster focusing on the job at hand.

I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid I retorted with a snarl.

Sia fell silent.I sped up finding my heart working double time as I followed the trail of the missing pack members.

Larks mind was disconnected and I now realized, Daniel was alpha until Lark returned.

I slowed.
What will we do when we get them ?get bitten ?I asked as I slid to a stop at the end of the road that lead into the town.Sia slid to a stop beside me.

We need to find a witch, to help us find the Blind Eye I thought.

Sia nodded.
Lets shift, and head to the library tomorrow Sia sighed.She turned and stormed off.