Jenga?- Namjoon AU

15 years. 15 years of being with this boy for 6 days a week.

Now, your dream's were finally coming true.

He asked you out on a date.

15 years ago

"Kim Namjoon, this is y/n y/l/n. You two will be riding together." Miss Lee Jihyun tells us. "You two will both be show jumpers. I guarantee it. If not, well. I don't know what to say."Miss Jihyun laughed.

A few days ago

"Good girl Jenga." You coo as Jenga had made it over the jump with ease. You and Namjoon were the only two in the barn that night. The two of you were known to stay way past closing. The barn owner liked both of you so she didn't really care as long as you locked up. "Joonie? How's Ace doing?" You call over to the boy who's just walking around the arena.

Namjoon sighs, "Worn out. I think we're done for the night. You?"

You look at Jenga, "Yeah we're done." You both walk to the center of the arena and dismount. You and Namjoon walk out of the arena and over to to detack Ace and Jenga. "Ace looked pretty good today Joonie."

Namjoon takes the saddle off of Ace, "He chickened out of some x's but other than that he did really well. Didn't you boy." Joonie coo's petting Ace. "You looked strong today. Especially in those cantering jumps."

You put Jenga's saddle and saddle pad in her locker. "God they are sweaty." You mumble under your breath. "Does Ace need a bath? Cause Jenga does."

Namjoon nods his head, "Yeah no, Ace needs a bath."

You lead Jenga over to the shower stall and Namjoon puts Ace in the one across from Jenga. 

"You know what'd be cute y/n?" Namjoon says while you put the shampoo Jenga. 

You roll your eyes, he'll probably say something cheesey. "What Joonie? What would be cute?" 

"Us on a date." he says in a serious tone. 

You drop the shampoo bottle in your hands and your eyes when wide. "Are you serious?" 

Namjoon walks away from Ace, "Well yeah. Why wouldn't I?" 

You look at him in the eye, "Your roommate Hoseok isn't daring you?" 

Namjoon rolls his eyes, "No y/n. I like you. That's why I'm asking you on a date." 

You stare at the boy in front of you silently, looking to see if could find anything off. "Yes." 

Namjoon's eyes when big, "ARE YOU SERIOUS Y/N???" 

You decide to be brave and stand on your tiptoes and kiss the giant to shut him up. After you pull away Ace neighs loudly. "I think he's happy for us." Namjoon winks at you and walks back over to Ace and the two of you resume a normal conversation. "Also a Jenga and Ace having a foal would be cute as fuck." 

Present Day

You starting putting on your makeup to get ready for this date. You've been waiting 7 years for this date. You hear your phone ring. You look down to see Namjoon calling you.

"Hey Joonie."

"Um. Y/n." Namjoon mumbles.

"What's wrong Joonie? You sound worried."

"I'm here already." He mumbles into the phone.

You groan, "Joonie, I still had 45 minutes!"

"I know, I know y/n. Can I still come in anyway."