Chapter 7

I plop down on August's couch and close my eyes.

"Nope. Wake up. You kept me up all night talkin', you not sleepin' unless I get to." August pulls my arms, making me sit up.

"No, you kept me up all night talking." I disagree.

"You wanna orda' pizza?" He asks, sitting beside me.

"Yeah." I nod. "Wait, can we walk to get pizza, then get ice cream?"

"I guess." He shrugs.

I grab my wallet and phone. I'll change out of the dress when we get back. Walking out the door, I see some girl stomping down the hallway, crying. August's neighbor laughs, watching her.

August turns the other way, I assume he was trying to hide from her. "Oh, hey Aug." She steps in front of him.

He looks down at her, then away. "Sup?" He nods.

"Hi, I'm Jaleah, who are you?" I ask, stepping closer to Aug, locking our arms.

"I'm May." She sniffles, wiping her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I ask, concerned.

"My boyfriend broke up with me and kicked me out." She explains.

"It was one night and half a day. And I'm not your boyfriend, never was!" The neighbor yells.

May rolls her eyes. "So are you and Aug together?"

"Yeah." August nods quickly.

"Aww, how long?"

"A year." He answers.

"So you forgave him then? I know you were very upset when you left his apartment the other night. He threw me out and went to you." May smirks, hinting that her and Aug were together.

I shrug. "From what he told me, it wasn't much anyway, honey." I peck Aug's cheek and pull him with me.

August laughs. "I really did just comfort ha' crazy self." He stops himself from cursing. "She jus' delusional. I gave ha' a tissue, a ice pop, and pizza. Das' it." He explains.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me. We're friends, remember?" I ask.

"I know. Jus' don't want you thinkin' I actually hooked up wit' da' physco." He replies.

"Kay." I shrug.

"What type'a pizza you want?" He asks as we approach the pizza place.

"Hawaiian." I cheese.

"Ight, I guess I'a eat Hawaiian too." He comments.

We get in line and when we get to the register, August orders, keeping his arm around me. He gets a medium Hawaiian pizza and pays.

We step to the side to wait. "You'ca get a table and I'a find you." August tells me.

"Okay." I go to find a table. In this pizza place, you can eat inside and there are two bars set up, one for salads, one for dessert, you can go up and get whatever you want. You have to order the pizza at the desk because they do specialty pizza and they would have to make it. They can bring it back to us, but Aug wanted to wait for it.

August comes back with the pizza and the cups for the drinks. I take the cups from him, standing as he sits down. "What do you want?" I ask him.

"Jus' gimme Pepsi." He answers.

I nod and go to the drink machine. I put ice in both cups, filling one with Pepsi and the other with orange Mountain Dew. I put the lids on them, then grab two straws.