Chapter 12

Don't really have a shout out for this one. If you want a shout out, blow up the comments.

Looking down at my dress, I smile. I really like it.

"You ready, Mous-" August stops himself, taking in my appearance. "Wow."

"Thanks." I smile.

"You look beautiful." He smiles, spinning me around.

"Thank you. You look really nice as well." I take on his appearance.

I was expecting nice jeans and a button up, but he was wearing a suit.

"Thank you." He kisses my cheek.

"Pictures!" My mom sings, hurrying into the room with her camera and my brothers.

August was my date, since I don't talk to any other guys. Well, except for Kyle, but he's my ex-boyfriend and that would be weird.

August wraps his arm around my waist, and we smile at the camera.

"Actually, let's go outside. In front of the trees."

Again, August and I take the same pose.

In the next picture, he kisses my cheek, and in the third he holds me bridal style.

Then I take pictures with my brother. Chris wraps one arm around my waist, and Jeremy stands on my other with one arm around my waist. I wrap one of my arms around both of their waists.

I take a picture with just Chris, then just Jeremy.

Then my mom takes about five pictures with me.

Then my brothers and August take a picture with me all in a group.

And then we're on the way to the venue.

--

"You look really good, Leah." August says as we dance together. Not a ratchet type dance, we were slow dancing.

"You do too." I smile. "To be honest, I thought you were wearing jeans."

"I would neva'." He chuckles. "You tol' me how important this is for you."

"Thanks." I smile.

"No problem." He smiles back. "I'm gettin' a kiss tonight, or its too many people staring?"

"You can have a kiss." I nod. "If you catch me."

I take off running, and he laughs, following me.

I run outside, towards the water. I stand in the gazebo, turning to see August.

I don't see him, just a few people smoking.

Arms wrap around my waist from behind me, and I turn around.

August was standing there.

"Na', that kiss you was talkin' 'bout." He smiles.

I glance down at his lips, then back up to his eyes. "You can have it."

He smiles, leaning down to kiss me.

He kisses me slowly, and I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist, swaying us from side to side.

I see a flash, but I just ignore it.

"I love you, Jaleah." He smiles.

"I love you too." I tell him.

We stare at each other for a while, smiling.

"Come on, people are gonna think you killed me." I grab his hand.